Running Two Pits Today - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > General > General Barbecue
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2005, 06:33 AM   #1
Official BBQ Central Mark

Running Two Pits Today

The one cater is on and just got a call to do butts for supper. Should prove to be a intresting day. Light rain and its 85 out all ready. Whoo hoo. Going to cook today!

Team Gruber Mister BBQ
KCBS Citified Judge 8282
Tomorrow is just your future yesterday
Pigs On The Wing BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 06:41 AM   #2

You go Pigs. I'm sure the outdoor temps will be the worst of it.

"Of all the imaginary friends I've had, I don't think there was one that I didn't end up having to kill."

in seach of Umami
Finney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 07:34 AM   #3

Pigs if any body can do it, it's you! Good luck, and enjoy your dinner!
Old 06-13-2005, 07:50 AM   #4

All 3 catering jobs went well this weekend. Only problem was the occasional rain and humidity. The real fun started when I decided to stop at the old local pond for a swim on the way home from my last gig yesterday.No one was there at first. Nice clear cool water. About a half a hour went by and a bunch of collage kids ( a half dozen ) showed up with a case of beer. They all were curious about " The big cooking thing" behind my van. After talking for a while one guy asks, Hay mister (god I hate that, might as well call me old fart) If we run to the store will you do some burgers and hot dogs for us?" I said sure.About a hour later there is about 75 kids a keg of beer on tap and THE PARTY IS ON! Every one brought dogs and burgers for "The pig dude" to grill. It was fun, Got to hand out a lot of cards. I didn't expect to get paid, But they passed the hat and I came home with a hundred bucks.What a good time. A few of the girls went topless like it was no big deal.One liked to run the food up and down the bank. Ever try grilling with a pair of hooters in your face? It aint easy.
Team Gruber Mister BBQ
KCBS Citified Judge 8282
Old 06-13-2005, 07:55 AM   #5

LOL! I may have to join your catering team.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigs On The Wing BBQ
All 3 catering jobs went well this weekend. Only problem was the occasional rain and humidity. The real fun started when I decided to stop at the old local pond for a swim on the way home from my last gig yesterday.No one was there at first. Nice clear cool water. About a half a hour went by and a bunch of collage kids ( a half dozen ) showed up with a case of beer. They all were curious about " The big cooking thing" behind my van. After talking for a while one guy asks, Hay mister (god I hate that, might as well call me old fart) If we run to the store will you do some burgers and hot dogs for us?" I said sure.About a hour later there is about 75 kids a keg of beer on tap and THE PARTY IS ON! Every one brought dogs and burgers for "The pig dude" to grill. It was fun, Got to hand out a lot of cards. I didn't expect to get paid, But they passed the hat and I came home with a hundred bucks.What a good time. A few of the girls went topless like it was no big deal.One liked to run the food up and down the bank. Ever try grilling with a pair of hooters in your face? It aint easy.
I take it you didn't have a camera on hand??????
Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:18 AM   #7

No, Larry I didn't. But rest assured, The digital will be on hand from now on when ever the pit is in tow.
Team Gruber Mister BBQ
KCBS Citified Judge 8282
Old 06-13-2005, 10:04 AM   #8

The CEO (wife) completely refuses to help cater any biker party. Just doesn't like the crowd. I myself enjoy and look forward to them. The last one she helped me with didn't go well. The biker guys that hung around the pit would tell the girls " You got to show your (you know what)" to see the pig. She didn't appreciate it one bit.These guys were real rock head's, Great for entertainment though. Fun to watch them beat the snot out of each other and then hug and say "I Love You Man" and go get another beer.
Team Gruber Mister BBQ
KCBS Citified Judge 8282
Old 06-13-2005, 01:23 PM   #9
Cooker

Quote:
Ever try grilling with a pair of hooters in your face? It aint easy.
I haven't yet, but would look forward to the challenge.....

Rob
Old 06-13-2005, 03:55 PM   #10

Quote:

Now let me think....didn't you say in another thread that you never get any tips?