Rubs/Sauces for Baby Backs and Spares

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

There are a few here and more here. That should get you started. :!: I'm sure others will chime in..

Here's a "clone" recipe I found somewhere on the net, which I like on ribs.

Title: Tony Roma's Original Baby Back Barbecue Sauce
Categories:
Yield: 1

1 c ketchup
1 c apple cider vinegar
1/2 c dark corn syrup (I substituted ¼ cup light corn syrup plus ¼ cup molasses)
2 ts sugar
1/2 ts salt
1/4 ts garlic powder
1/4 ts Onion powder
1/4 ts Tabasco sauce or your favorite hot sauce.

1. Combine all of the ingredients for the barbecue sauce in a
saucepan over high heat. Use a whisk to blend the ingredients until smooth.

2. When the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered.

3. In 30 to 45 minutes, when the mixture thickens, remove it from the heat. If you want a thicker sauce, heat it longer. If you make the sauce too thick, thin it with more vinegar.

Larry D. said:
Here's a "clone" recipe I found somewhere on the net, which I like on ribs.

Title: Tony Roma's Original Baby Back Barbecue Sauce
Categories:
Yield: 1

1 c ketchup
1 c apple cider vinegar
1/2 c dark corn syrup (I substituted ¼ cup light corn syrup plus ¼ cup molasses)
2 ts sugar
1/2 ts salt
1/4 ts garlic powder
1/4 ts Onion powder
1/4 ts Tabasco sauce or your favorite hot sauce.

1. Combine all of the ingredients for the barbecue sauce in a
saucepan over high heat. Use a whisk to blend the ingredients until smooth.

2. When the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered.

3. In 30 to 45 minutes, when the mixture thickens, remove it from the heat. If you want a thicker sauce, heat it longer. If you make the sauce too thick, thin it with more vinegar.

Take this recipe, and add a jar of Pineapple Habanero Texas Pepper Jelly to it. www.texaspepperjelly.com

For something a little different, I would suggest trying some Reverend Marvin's on your ribs (Original or Hot). And as luck would have it, it's on sale in the Special Offers section! Sorry for the shameless plug, but we've been using it on ribs for years with great results. I couldn't resist.

Rev.Jr. said:
For something a little different, I would suggest trying some Reverend Marvin's on your ribs (Original or Hot). And as luck would have it, it's on sale in the Special Offers section! Sorry for the shameless plug, but we've been using it on ribs for years with great results. I couldn't resist.

I'm probably the only one who has tried this...We did the original Rev Marvin's on a rack a few weeks back and it was really good...nothing like the old red type sauces...worth a try!! =D>

Greg Rempe said:
[quote="Rev.Jr.":81zx5cob]For something a little different, I would suggest trying some Reverend Marvin's on your ribs (Original or Hot). And as luck would have it, it's on sale in the Special Offers section! Sorry for the shameless plug, but we've been using it on ribs for years with great results. I couldn't resist.

I'm probably the only one who has tried this...We did the original Rev Marvin's on a rack a few weeks back and it was really good...nothing like the old red type sauces...worth a try!! =D>[/quote:81zx5cob]

I've got some that you gave me and you are right, I haven't tried it on ribs but it is the bomb on pulled pork!

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:21 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Larry D.

When do you spread your sauce on the ribs?

I take the ribs off when done, apply the sauce, wrap in foil and let them rest for about 10 minutes before serving. Next time, though, I'm going to try applying it for the last 20 minutes of cooking, to create more of a glaze effect.

after they come out of the foil, if I foiled them at all, i sauce them, put them directly over the fire to carmelize the sauce some. Flip often and sauce alot. I like my ribs like i like my women, a little charred from playing with fire, saucy, spicy and sweet!

I use Texas BBQ Rub on mine-wrap and let sit in frig overnite. I don't sauce my ribs. Serve sauce on the side for dipping.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom