Rub for a duck?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I plan on cooking a duck on the rotiserre tomorrow. Do you guys think it should be rubbed with something, or just cook it as is?
I think it's pre- brined in a solution.

erik13 said:
I plan on cooking a duck on the rotiserre tomorrow. Do you guys think it should be rubbed with something, or just cook it as is?
I think it's pre- brined in a solution.

Eww WHHHHHHYYYY? :LOL:

A BBQ rub? I'd just rub it inside and out with EVOO, S&WP, and fresh ground ginger. Prick the skin a little bit. That's it.

Duck is awesome au natural!!!

I like to also stick a halved orange and onion in the body cavity and if you loosen the skin over the prick the skin over the breast and pour orange juice over it.

When cooking duck I always put a drip pan under it, (when not using the rotisserie, I put it on a cooling rack in a pan to keep it above the drippings), empty the drippings every 15 minutes, when you come back and there is no more juice in the drip pan after 15 minutes, that duck is cooked. This technique works for geese too!

mop it with an orange juice/maple syrup glaze towards the end.

Other than that s& P & EVOO only with the cavity filled with oranges and onions.

Get a cajun injector kit and fry some bacon, then inject the meat with bacon fat and smoke it for around 2.5 hours at 300 degrees. You will be amazed at the flavor. It will literally drip with smoke flavor juices. Let us know how it comes out anyway you cook it...

Duck was a complete disaster.
The drip pan melted, and 3 foot flames soon followed.
I almost burned down the neighborhood! :shock:

erik13 said:
Duck was a complete disaster.
The drip pan melted, and 3 foot flames soon followed.
I almost burned down the neighborhood! :shock:

Sufferin' Succotash!!!!!!!!!! that's one crispy critter!

That's only strike one.......... you get two more before it's time to quit!

Years ago I put duck halves on a charcoal grill. That is like trying to grill gasoline. The flames were 3 feet high. I never tied again. Now I'll sit back and let you figure it out, then try again. LOL Go for it.

Jeepers creepers! Did you pour any of the fat out or did it ignite the first time you went to do it?

Last thing I saw look like that was a brisket I cooked a couple of weeks ago when I was sick, I slept right through an alarm and woke up to crispiness 2 1/2 hours past done.

Rag said:
. Now I'll sit back and let you figure it out, then try again. LOL Go for it.
I'm pretty sure the drip pan was too flimsy. It melted, allowing all that duck grease to drip directly on the flames of the grill. If I hadn't gone outside to check when I did, I think their might have been some serious problems!

Back
Top Bottom