Ribs on a Junior...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob In Fla.

Head Chef
Four racks of full, untrimmed "3.5 and up" Spare ribs (didn't even feel like pulling the membrane off) on my Stump's Junior.

Not nearly as good as Mama Stump's ribs, but I did use her rub!

Cooked "just because". Slightly over done, but I'll suffer through and eat 'em any way. 2 full racks per shelf. Those are BIG ribs.
Probably (I'm guessing here) could get 4, maybe 5 racks of loin backs or St Louis trimmed per rack.

Did I mention that this Junior is for sale, 'cuz it's in the way of me moving the "Monster" trailer in and out of the carport.
Love this Junior, though!

I agree, with the exception of the membrane. I also like Em a bit overdone, unfortunately for me, falling-off-the-bone ribs, and full spares don't sell very well, so I don't get to make them often anymore. But man, are they good. Sometimes I think the tips that you would trim off with the cartilage and stuff is the best part.

Really nice looking ribs!! I never cut ribs St Louis style, everybody prefers them whole. I do take the membrane off and cut the little flap meat off as a snack or will put it in some beans.

Looking mighty good! For home eating.. knuckles and brains aint an issue for us. Sounds like Mama Stumps is onto a good thing here. Keep up the good cooking down there.

Now for them who dont know how to peddle spares..its three bucks a bone wrapped in a piece of wonder bread. The yups will line up to buy some all day long. Give them two when it get down to the small end of the rack. I may have to come up there.

Looking mighty good! For home eating.. knuckles and brains aint an issue for us. Sounds like Mama Stumps is onto a good thing here. Keep up the good cooking down there.

Now for them who dont know how to peddle spares..its three bucks a bone wrapped in a piece of wonder bread. The yups will line up to buy some all day long. Give them two when it get down to the small end of the rack. I may have to come up there.

3 bucks a bone could get a man shot here. Not much for yups. We charge $5 for 3, $9 for a half, and $16 for a full rack st. Louis cut spares.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom