Ribs are on...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry D.

Head Chef
Three racks, cooking over lump with a few chunks of maple wood mixed in. I'll try to get some pics of the finished product before they're devoured.

The Stoker is holding the temperature at 225 +/- about 1 degree, based on my occasional observations. Not bad, considering that it's pretty breezy (though not cold at all) today.

I'm sure your ribs will be great, but I'll take some of that "...not cold at all today."

Coming to you live from ice covered and now starting to snow, Metropolitan Detroit.

It's supposed to be cool again by mid-week (40's, which I realize would qualify as a heat wave to some parts of the country). But I'm enjoying it today!

ribs = gators favorite.

Its too cold to 'que here, need pictures, want pictures, must have...

Gator

Patience, patience! The ribs were okay; not as tender as I had hoped. I think I should have left them on a while longer. They were served along with roasted potatoes and whole-kernel corn, with peach cobbler (and ice cream) for dessert. Unfortunately, once the food was ready I stopped taking pics, so I can't show you what the plate looked like.

Ribs%2001.jpg

Rubbed and ready to go. (The lemons came off our lemon plant; no lemons were harmed during the production of these ribs.)

Ribs%2002.jpg

At 3 hours

Ribs%2003.jpg

Temperature is under control!

Ribs%2004.jpg

4.5 hours

Ribs%2005.jpg

More sauce than I usually use, but the family likes them sticky and gooey.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom