Ribs and Potato Skins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
I did these ribs Monday and the skins on Tuesday. Both were killer. I stuffed the skins with a new batch of "spicy" skyline chili, onions and cheese. Ribs once again had the Klose raspberry rib rub but I tweaked that with strawberry.....we killed 2 BIG racks!

This is my attempt to look professional... :LOL: :LOL:
img_187373_0_16720f04640ddf4705cf6ee91a33c4eb.jpg

img_187373_1_0e8499801577a4974ac73fe2d6c8bab0.jpg

img_187373_2_0d7e093ebc6fc1c0deba79b3fd46d1b4.jpg

John A. said:
Beautiful DB. How did you spice up the chili and how do you like it spiced up?

I added about 1 and 1/4 FINELY DICED & HOT jalepeno for the heat and I used white onion instead of yellow. :D

Any any info on how you made the skins? Need a deep fryer? I'd love to make some of those! They look great.

Gomer said:
Any any info on how you made the skins? Need a deep fryer? I'd love to make some of those! They look great.

Ya just Poke holes in them with a fork. nuke the tato till soft....about 15 to 20 minutes for four. Cut in half so you end up with deep skins then hollow them out with a spoon but leave about 1/4 inch on the side. Heat a pan ( I used a Deep fryer) with oil to 375 and gently set them in there till there golden brown. I would do 2 at a time. Take potato you took out of the potato and mix it with butter s&p and add it to the top of whatever you stuff it with.......or just eat em mashed. ;)

Thanks everyone... I think the less potato there is left in the skin the better they are. Id like a 1/16 inch left just to eat the skin after carving. After all thats where the vitamins are,, right? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Looks delishioso....We do our skins in the oven. Baked, scooped, topped, then either baked at a high temp or broiled.

john pen said:
Looks delishioso....We do our skins in the oven. Baked, scooped, topped, then either baked at a high temp or broiled.

Shi* thanks for sayin that John! I dont think I added "after frying and stuffing the skins throw them in the oven for 10 to 15 at about 400*" Im not sure if I added that or not.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom