Rib's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ribs look great larry!! 8)

brian j said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2vr6vcl0]Cliff no difference at all, other than being able to fit more ribs on my WSM.
nice looking bones. i need to practice slicing ribs. :oops:

[/quote:2vr6vcl0]

Me too. It is one pain in the ass to make a clean cut.

Chris

brian j said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1vfwj98t]Cliff no difference at all, other than being able to fit more ribs on my WSM.
nice looking bones. i need to practice slicing ribs. :oops:

when using rib racks do you see any difference in which side of the rack of the loin rib is angled up?[/quote:1vfwj98t]

Brian, I always put the fatter side up. My theory is the thicker side will baste the thinner throughout the cooking process and prevent them from drying out.

Hmmm...you trying to make me heave by some chance? If so..you just came real close.

bigwheel

Griff[/quote]

Griff,
It's a reduction of Sweet Baby Rays and honey!![/quote]

Finney said:
SBR's and honey is a great combo. Had it on salmon last night and chicken at lunch today. Goooooooooooooood sauce... gooooooooood sauce. ;)

I can hardly wait for all the good food friday night at SOTB.

nothin like the baby ray's sauce. I picked up 2 from the store cause they were on sale, came home and found out that I had 2 sittin in the pantry already! Good thing they last!

bigwheel said:
Hmmm...you trying to make me heave by some chance? If so..you just came real close.

bigwheel

Griff

Griff,
It's a reduction of Sweet Baby Rays and honey!![/quote][/quote]

you know what bigwheel, just because he doesn't have txbbq rub on it (which I like) and it don't have pepper jelly (which I like too) don't mean you gotta knock it. Everything that comes outta texas ain't the only thing out there. Maybe if you open your mind and realize there are things that come outta other states than 'texas' you might be more willing to offer a better opinion

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

Griff

Griff,
It's a reduction of Sweet Baby Rays and honey!!
[/quote]

you know what bigwheel, just cause it ain't a 'texas' thing don't mean you gotta knock it.[/quote]

I used Sweet Baby Rays with honey yesterday on my ribs and it was gooood!

Larry Wolfe said:
Fired up the other WSM and I'm doing 3 racks of loin backs, some for dinner tonight and some for the fellas at SOTB Friday night. These are rubbed with Original Wolfe Rub, using hickory, sand and kingsford.

Ribs look great Larry, one thing I'd like to comment on ... one end looks a little tight packed in ... I have the same issue with my rib racks If I load them up. I think less can be better, better airflow around the meat will give better smoke distribution and more uniform cooking. If I'm packing stuff in I like to move it around a few times. This is one thing I'm really liking with the offset ... the abundance of space.

Guru might help a bit with that dunno ... I've been thinking for a while about hanging a well balanced fan below the water pan ... angled blades propelled by rising hot air to move things around inside ... might work might be kooky, I'll let ya know if I ever build it.

Shawn White said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":eyynjd15]Fired up the other WSM and I'm doing 3 racks of loin backs, some for dinner tonight and some for the fellas at SOTB Friday night. These are rubbed with Original Wolfe Rub, using hickory, sand and kingsford.

Ribs look great Larry, one thing I'd like to comment on ... one end looks a little tight packed in ... I have the same issue with my rib racks If I load them up. I think less can be better, better airflow around the meat will give better smoke distribution and more uniform cooking. If I'm packing stuff in I like to move it around a few times. This is one thing I'm really liking with the offset ... the abundance of space.

Guru might help a bit with that dunno ... I've been thinking for a while about hanging a well balanced fan below the water pan ... angled blades propelled by rising hot air to move things around inside ... might work might be kooky, I'll let ya know if I ever build it.[/quote:eyynjd15]

Shawn,
If you notice in this pic after a bit of cooking and shrinkage space/airflow wasn't much of an issue. Personally, I haven't had much problem with smoke distribution, even with 6 racks of LB's. Only time I've had a real problem is when I cooked 6 butts on the WSM, they turned out pretty good but it was entirely too much meat!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom