ribs 1.49 per lb - Page 2 - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > General > General Barbecue
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2008, 03:36 PM   #11
Official BBQ Central Mark

Bigwheel I have some of those pumped Kroger Silver Platter loinbacks thawing in my sink. I'm gonna' cook them tomorrow.
I'll let you know.
Hold the thong pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel
I dont eat that junk myself..smoked meat is bad for your health. I am a backslid raw vegan at heart. I know whut off the street Texas style table judges prefer and will ghuarantee they love pumped Hormels. I got a cute story which I have most likely tole before..us old folks get redundant. Back when we was doing some comp cooking I spent 2 years driving half way to Timbucktu to buy special unpumped ribs for comp purposes. During that time frame we never got a smell in the rib category. Had some pals who was kicking serious booty with Hormels. Caught some on sale at Super Target for .99 so I grabbed up about 8 or 9 racks totaling around 50 bucks and I chunked em in the freezer. By about the midpoint of the cooking season I had used up all the ribs and had stuck 800 bucks in prize money in the hip pocket based on the original 50 dollar investment. I love pumped Hormels. Kroger brand pumped ribs is at least as good if not mo betta. They calls em Moist n Tender or Silver Platter or similar. Tyson and John Morrell pumped ribs aint worth a caca. Just my dos centavos of course. In the cannonball pics you want me to wear my thong bathing suit? Like this old yankee pal from Illinois used to say when somebody passed a little flatulence, "I had druther hear a fatboy fart than a purty girl whistle." Never did quite understand whut he meant.

bigwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wolfe
Quote:
Great price. The only ribs Super Target peddles around these parts are Hormel and they are enhanced. They are great ribs. Enhanced ribs are mo betta than the other kind. That is why they enhance em.

bigwheel
If you like ham they are delicous! If you like ribs they are not so delicious! Depends on what flavor you're looking for! Now post some pic's of the cannonball big guy!!

Old 07-03-2008, 07:18 PM   #12

I always figured they enhanced the meat to sell salt and water at meat prices.

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm."
George Orwell
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:19 PM   #13

that's why they do it...10 to 15 % profit for them.

Texas folks know beef, not pork. If you doin pork
ribs, don't buy enhanced.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:33 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan
that's why they do it...10 to 15 % profit for them.

Texas folks know beef, not pork. If you doin pork
ribs, don't buy enhanced
AMEN!

They also enhance 'meat' in general because the general public cooks to specified USDA codes which in most cases are too high for internal temps, thusly dries the meat out. Add moisture via injections and you can cook to higher temps without drying out!
Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:08 AM   #15

KKK...all I ever tried was the spares but found them very good. Sure the loin backs be good too.

bigwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puff
Bigwheel I have some of those pumped Kroger Silver Platter loinbacks thawing in my sink. I'm gonna' cook them tomorrow.
I'll let you know.
Hold the thong pics

Quote:
I dont eat that junk myself..smoked meat is bad for your health. I am a backslid raw vegan at heart. I know whut off the street Texas style table judges prefer and will ghuarantee they love pumped Hormels. I got a cute story which I have most likely tole before..us old folks get redundant. Back when we was doing some comp cooking I spent 2 years driving half way to Timbucktu to buy special unpumped ribs for comp purposes. During that time frame we never got a smell in the rib category. Had some pals who was kicking serious booty with Hormels. Caught some on sale at Super Target for .99 so I grabbed up about 8 or 9 racks totaling around 50 bucks and I chunked em in the freezer. By about the midpoint of the cooking season I had used up all the ribs and had stuck 800 bucks in prize money in the hip pocket based on the original 50 dollar investment. I love pumped Hormels. Kroger brand pumped ribs is at least as good if not mo betta. They calls em Moist n Tender or Silver Platter or similar. Tyson and John Morrell pumped ribs aint worth a caca. Just my dos centavos of course. In the cannonball pics you want me to wear my thong bathing suit? Like this old yankee pal from Illinois used to say when somebody passed a little flatulence, "I had druther hear a fatboy fart than a purty girl whistle." Never did quite understand whut he meant.

bigwheel

Quote:
Quote:
Great price. The only ribs Super Target peddles around these parts are Hormel and they are enhanced. They are great ribs. Enhanced ribs are mo betta than the other kind. That is why they enhance em.

bigwheel
If you like ham they are delicous! If you like ribs they are not so delicious! Depends on what flavor you're looking for! Now post some pic's of the cannonball big guy!!
bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:28 AM   #16

Quote:
KKK...all I ever tried was the spares but found them very good. Sure the loin backs be good too.

bigwheel
That comin' frum a feller who use one of dem lectric smoker thingamajiggies! What wuld one expeck?

Nex thung we no will be the big fella eating caviar!
Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:37 PM   #17

They are done. I didn't get a hammy taste. A bit salty but that could have been the rubs.I gave them a real good rinse with cold water. I used Blues Hog for the sauce. That sauce is the one alot of famous comp. peaople are using from what I'm told. It is very good, spicy out of the jar but mellows out real nice.
I did happen to do a triple back flip front forward cannon ball in my pool.
Kids & wifey weren't to happy about that great show of my athletic ability.

Quote:

bigwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puff
I'll let you know.
Hold the thong pics

Quote:

bigwheel

Quote:
Quote:

bigwheel