Rib dangling.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Ok am trying to figger out a way to get a couple of racks of spares to dangle from the top rack of the little narrow 18" electric brinkmann since they are too long to lay flat as they should. I dont like to cut the racks in two so thinking to hang them up in there some way. Who has a plan? Thanks.

I've seen people roll up baby backs and skewer them back together, not sure if you can do it with spares though.
If the exhaust is in the top of the lid you could bend some rods to hang through the exhaust and hook the ribs onto the other end of the rods.

Thanks for the tips. The regular dome looking top dont have any exhaust or other holes in it. The only thing which seems to escape is through the crack where the lid fits the barrel. Now I do have an old Weber kettle lid which sorta fits it with an overhang and it has an air vent in it but off to one side..kicker is it dont have much headroom twixt its top and the top grate. Have tried the rolling and pinning as well as I did have a rib rack around here somewhere but that would again take halving the racks and both of those systems sure had some uneven cooking tendencies when I tried it. I carried a cold rack out there and did some reconnoitering. It looks like a full rack turned upside down with the fat end up will reach from the top of the bottom rack to about half way up the dome lid. I have been thinking of pulling the grate apart and sticking the racks in there nose down with the skinny end resting on the bottom grate. That should sorta protect the bottom skinny end since its direct over the water. What about that strategy? Maybe pin it in place with some clean nails to keep it from falling plumb on through? I know some folks at the Widder Basso's old chat forum suspended ribs from inside the lids on the WSMs' Have heard some bragging of doing six racks at once like that. Crazy boys over there huh? lol

Last edited:
Wow, really someone got banned from a BBQ website? LOL talk about pathetic. I guess there really are conceded assholes out there!

Back
Top Bottom