Rev Martins sauce out west? - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > General > General Barbecue
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2006, 09:17 PM   #1
Official BBQ Central Mark

Unfortunately, it's only thru mail order that far west. Google it and see if any online retailers have a better rate on the shipping. Who knows?!?!?

Or, PM Rev Jr and see if he can work you a deal. He's a swell guy. LOL
He runs deals from time to time.

"Of all the imaginary friends I've had, I don't think there was one that I didn't end up having to kill."

in seach of Umami
Finney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:19 PM   #2

Any time... I'm just here to help.

"Of all the imaginary friends I've had, I don't think there was one that I didn't end up having to kill."

in seach of Umami
Old 02-09-2006, 09:37 PM   #3
Saint O'Que

Re: Rev Martins sauce out west?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokie856
I was just looking at purchasing some of Rev Martins sauce, but its $12 shipping for $7 of sauce. Anyone know of western stores that may handle it (Colorado)?

Hey maybe he will bring some to Smoke on the Beach as well as anyothers with rub or sauce if so I plan on taking some back home with me !!
South Carolina BBQ Association Master Judge
2- 22 1/2 '' WSMs
1 single barrel 55 gallon drum smoker
WalterSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:06 PM   #4

Tokie

I don't know about Colorado, but there was none locally for sale here. I went to the web site and ran into where I was spending more on shipping than the sauce. The Rev and I discussed this on email. I ended up ordering a mixed case (half regular, half hot) and the Rev worked me a decent deal. Send him an email. The sauce on chicken and seafood is worth the effort.

Griff

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm."
George Orwell
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff
Tokie

I don't know about Colorado, but there was none locally for sale here. I went to the web site and ran into where I was spending more on shipping than the sauce. The Rev and I discussed this on email. I ended up ordering a mixed case (half regular, half hot) and the Rev worked me a decent deal. Send him an email. The sauce on chicken and seafood is worth the effort.

Griff
He's a pretty good guy and will try to work with you, and he's not making money on shipping. He's just charging what he gets charged. At least that's my understanding.

in seach of Umami
Old 02-10-2006, 05:08 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finney
Unfortunately, it's only thru mail order that far west. Google it and see if any online retailers have a better rate on the shipping. Who knows?!?!?

And don't think anything of the fact that the Rev seems to always wink at ya....he's got a bad eye! #-o
Old 02-10-2006, 05:37 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Prochilo
Quote:

And don't think anything of the fact that the Rev seems to always wink at ya....he's got a bad eye! #-o
roflmao
Bad eye... good sauce.

in seach of Umami
Old 02-10-2006, 10:46 AM   #8

Quote:
Just want to add that shipping costs these guys a lot. They're not big corps with deep discounted shipping rates.

I know some people think WolfeRub is pricey (I don't), but his pricing includes shipping. I know it costs him more to ship to the west coast than he has allotted for in his pricing. Just some info.
Yeah that's the down side of selling products on-line. I break even on the shipping. I only charge what the carrier charges. And it's sometimes a hard pill to swallow for the consumer, but the shipping in some cases can cost about half or more of what the product you're buying costs.

I spent $450.00 to have a $1200.00 BBQ pit shipped from Houston Tx. to Virginia. That's just a prime example of how expensive shipping and handling can get!
Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:53 AM   #9
Pork Butt

Tokie- Thanks for the inquiry about Rev. Marvin's. Don't know if you are aware of this or not, but the $7 price includes 2 bottles of Original AND 2 bottles of the HOT. It's a special we continue to offer to members of the board. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Thanks again.
Rev.Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:36 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Jr.
Tokie- Thanks for the inquiry about Rev. Marvin's. Don't know if you are aware of this or not, but the $7 price includes 2 bottles of Original AND 2 bottles of the HOT. It's a special we continue to offer to members of the board. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Thanks again.
Wow, Rev! 4 bottles for $7, I'm putting my order in as soon as I finish this post! We can't keep the stuff on stock in the house! We go through at least a bottle a week. That's a great deal, thanks!

Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote