Renowned Mr. Brown & Mr. Wolfe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Helen_Paradise

Head Chef
The rains have finally stopped! I've got two butts on the WSM for later today. Pictures to follow. It's too damn early in the morning to hassle with it...going back for ugly sleep.

Update:
This was sometime after 2AM.

Now us po folks cant afford one of them fancy WSM's of course so I aint quite sure but instead of putting the butts side by side whut would be the ramifications of putting one on the top shelf and one on the bottom. Just trying to learn new things here. Thanks.

bigwheel

If they fit side by side, I do it that way since they cook at the same rate (the bottom shelf is a little cooler) and are easier to access for bone wiggling or thermometer sticking.

bigwheel said:
Now us po folks cant afford one of them fancy WSM's of course so I aint quite sure but instead of putting the butts side by side whut would be the ramifications of putting one on the top shelf and one on the bottom. Just trying to learn new things here. Thanks.

bigwheel
Having two grates to clean instead of one ;)

I use one grate if they will fit as well...cooks fine and less clean up. Oh, I am not rich so a WSM is hardly an affluent piece. :D

Back
Top Bottom