Reheating pulled pork in the oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
chris1237 said:
I need to reheat pulled pork for a sort of gig on the 17. I plan to cook about 40lbs of pork. I was hoping to cook thurs or friday. The person I am cooking for wants it divided up into 1/5 in tin pans. So she can reheat it in the oven. Do any of you know how to reheat it in the oven.

Chris

Chris all of the suggestions here are right on, but remember to give the customer what they ask for. If she asked for it in pans, give it to her in pans. People want convenience. The foodsaver methods will definitely give you the freshest results, but you can get darn near identical results reheating in the oven in the pans.

When you pull it if you plan on saucing it, do it then and put it in the pans. Otherwise add a little AJ as the others have stated and put it in the pans. But do not over fill the pans (I learned this yesterday) leave room to toss the meat. Put the pans in a 300 degree oven/grill/pit foiled. After about 15-20 minutes remove the foil and toss the meat. All you wanna do is warm the meat through, you don't wanna get it pipping hot or you will end up overcooking and it will get mushy or dry out.

Hope this helps, good luck on your gig!

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":30g76m03]
chris1237 said:
I need to reheat pulled pork for a sort of gig on the 17. I plan to cook about 40lbs of pork. I was hoping to cook thurs or friday. The person I am cooking for wants it divided up into 1/5 in tin pans. So she can reheat it in the oven. Do any of you know how to reheat it in the oven.
Chris

[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":30g76m03]I have tried it in a regular oven be it gas convection, regular gas, convection electric, and regular electric, on the pit and in a gas smoker. What am I doing wrong? You would think after 10 years of playing of pulled pork I could get it right. No luck for me, What's the deal? I know your instructions are simple, ( that's no problem for me, K.I.S.S ) I just never had any success. When I do a Food Saver bag in water, it comes out great. Another mystery of barbecue? :grin: The average schmuck has not a clue when it comes to reheating barbecue in the oven.

I also use foodsavers, so no reason to jump down my throat! If you would read his post, he asks HOW TO RE- HEAT IN THE OVEN! THAT"S HOW I WOULD RE-HEAT IN THE OVEN! I'm not questioning your ability to cook, just your ability to read![/quote:30g76m03]
Do what ya want.
Yours truly,
The Schmuck, Me. That's it, I'm out of here! :badpoke:[/quote:30g76m03]

Must be a Western New York thing!

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":b3w3tie3][quote="Nick Prochilo":b3w3tie3]
chris1237 said:
Chris

[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":b3w3tie3]I have tried it in a regular oven be it gas convection, regular gas, convection electric, and regular electric, on the pit and in a gas smoker. What am I doing wrong? You would think after 10 years of playing of pulled pork I could get it right. No luck for me, What's the deal? I know your instructions are simple, ( that's no problem for me, K.I.S.S ) I just never had any success. When I do a Food Saver bag in water, it comes out great. Another mystery of barbecue? :grin: The average schmuck has not a clue when it comes to reheating barbecue in the oven.

I also use foodsavers, so no reason to jump down my throat! If you would read his post, he asks HOW TO RE- HEAT IN THE OVEN! THAT"S HOW I WOULD RE-HEAT IN THE OVEN! I'm not questioning your ability to cook, just your ability to read![/quote:b3w3tie3]
Do what ya want.
Yours truly,
The Schmuck, Me. That's it, I'm out of here! :badpoke:[/quote:b3w3tie3]

Must be a Western New York thing![/quote:b3w3tie3] [-X

Well I spoke with her and it turns out her oven broke so the food saver bags in the water look like the way we are going to go.

Thanks for the advice
Chris

Tell her to rent one of those steam table things. #-o Or to serve it cold like they do up in Minnesota!
Dave

Back
Top Bottom