Reheating Pulled Pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
Do you guys thaw your pulled pork then drop it in some boiling water to reheat? Or can I throw it in frozen? Thanks. :?

If you put it in frozen you will cook the outside meat alot trying to thaw, then heat the middle. My goal is to add as little heat as possible, since the meat is ideally cooked when I put it in the freezer. So, I thaw and bring to near room temp then put in simmering (a few small bubbles), not boiling, water and I massage the bag a few times to speed up the reheating process. The bag seams are delicate (even Foodsaver) so I take car when massaging. I think it's as close to right off the smoker as it can be this way.

I do it perty much the same, I let it thaw in the fridge, then heat up a pot a water ta near boilin then drop the bag inta the water an let sit till 140*. I make up 1 pound packages an this works well.

I know you guys are going to yell at me but,, When I freeze my pork I do so in apple juice n simmer in a pot out of the bag in more juice not to much than keep working with forks n tongs n flipping it over till ready to serve....... just try it,,

If you want to thaw it first, and this works with any frozen meat, put it in a bowl of cold water and trickle cold water into the bowl. Something with the thermodynamics of cold water makes it thaw faster.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom