Reheating a whole frozen butt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
Ok guys and gals... here is the deal... I get done with turn ins at a competition and am tired and didn't feel like pulling those last two butts so I wrapped em in foil and put em on ice... when I got home I stuck em right in the freezer cause I was even more tired when I got home.

Now....

What is the best way to thaw and reheat them hunks of frozen BBQ'd meat so that I can pull em? I dont want to dry them out or make anyone sick or nuthin.

Thanks in advance.

and by the way.. congrats to Raine and Eb's BBQ for getting their name called twice at Danville. Also congrats to anyone else that reads this forum that placed at Danville. Definately a contest to put on the "must do" list.

Gary

TexLaw said:
Chris Finney said:
I'm with Cappie, but once you start you have to finish. Can't go letting them sit around.

A-men to that.

On that note, Gary, next time you would do better to separate the butts into large chunks before freezing, even if you don't pull them. That way, you can better thaw out only what you want.

TL

Yeah yeah yeah... I know.. but like I said... i was tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiired. Ok... I got lazy....is that what you wanted me to say. :) hahah

once turn-ins are done... its time to relax with beer in hand. :bar:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom