re heating pork butt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dummy que

Assistant Cook
i will be cooking pork butts for pulled pork sandwiches tues. thru sat. for the circleville pumpkin show our paster wants them at the church the night before i need to know the best way to reheat the pork the next day there will be from 4 to 8 butts at a time:confused:

Howdy. Best bet on this deal is start cooking tomorrow..freeze and hold what you got. Night before throw them out to thaw and whack it up to suit. Pan it up with bit of liquid and a tinfoil top in the pit or oven. The liquid can be anything from water to Fergies reincarnation sauce. Forget the Texas Pete that nasty suff is made in NC or Ohioyo or somewhere. Why dont they take the blame for it? Sirachhi or Franks is much better.
Fergy's Phoenix Sauce For Leftover Q Reheating Recipe - CookEatShare

I have tried the boiling water reheat mainly on bagged up chili and stew. Found it hard to determine the temp of the contents in the bag. I would think it was hot and the outside of the bag felt hot and bust it open to find it was still cold..then sometimes the bag would bust etc. Was a pain in the buttocks sorta. I heat stuff up in pans where you can stick a gauge in it.

pumkin butts

thanks for all the grate id`s we ended up reheating them in pans i would pan one or two butts after about 4 hours of smoke drain the juice and put in frezer till fat congeals heat back up juice pour on pork before reheating works grate i halve found out one thing this week it`s just as much work to cook 2 butts as 6 or 8 and i am beging to feel like i work in a bbq joint :toimonster:

Think I am following the procedure. Sounds like it worked out. Congrats. Yes..cooking is a pain in the buttocks..lol.

Back
Top Bottom