re heat advise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
Is reheating smoked meats in the oven the best way to bring out the taste? I am one of those people who don't do leftovers very well. I also tend to smoke or grill way more meat than I need at one time. What is the best way to reserve and reheat in you all's opinion?

Cliff H. said:
Is reheating smoked meats in the oven the best way to bring out the taste? I am one of those people who don't do leftovers very well. I also tend to smoke or grill way more meat than I need at one time. What is the best way to reserve and reheat in you all's opinion?

FOOD SAVER!!!!!!!!!! Cliff vacuum sealing is the only way to go when reheating BBQ. You can throw a bag of 1 year ++ old BBQ into a pot of water and boil it for about 30 minutes and it'll taste as good or better than it did the day you originally made it!!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Cliff H.":1964ulef]Is reheating smoked meats in the oven the best way to bring out the taste? I am one of those people who don't do leftovers very well. I also tend to smoke or grill way more meat than I need at one time. What is the best way to reserve and reheat in you all's opinion?

FOOD SAVER!!!!!!!!!! Cliff vacuum sealing is the only way to go when reheating BBQ. You can throw a bag of 1 year ++ old BBQ into a pot of water and boil it for about 30 minutes and it'll taste as good or better than it did the day you originally made it!![/quote:1964ulef]
Agreed ! I nuke mine but either way, that moisture and flavor isn't going anywhere during the reheating process. =P~

I know I am in bad need of a food saver. How do you know when it is done if you boil it? That is a good idea though, I never thought of that.

Cliff H. said:
I know I am in bad need of a food saver. How do you know when it is done if you boil it? That is a good idea though, I never thought of that.
It's soft and it burns your fingers when you're checking it. :grin:

I like the foodsaver idea, I'll have to get me one of those. What about if you just want to save some for lunch/dinner the next day after you cook it? You dont use foodsaver for those times, do you?

I almost always cook 4 butts at a time. I'll foodsaver all that won't be eaten in the next few days and freeze it. I like to save portions for 4 to 6 sammiches myself. :(

Never mind I see the thirty min now. You guys have given me so much advice over the last few weeks that I don't know how to thank you so I am going to give you all one. The next time you are in the fast food joint for lunch and you are about to fill up 20 of those little cups with catsup. Turn one of the drink covers upside down and use it as a big flat " little cup" The large drink cover will hold about 5-8 full squirts of catsup!

Just a suggestion, there are places around here that are like mini warehouse shoppers stores. One is called Tuesday Morning. I saw a Food Saver in there priced at $54. The bags are $24. Its worth shopping around. Just my .2.

Back
Top Bottom