Rainy day Q

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dave thats a fig of my fig tree.
Cliff this & my pastrami video are a little weak due to rain & pops

looks good JB . my fig tree is going nuts with all the figs it has . just pick off the tree wash and eat . man they are darn good too .

hey maybe i can come up with a fig type BBQ sause and or rub with sum fig in it :scratch

knine said:
looks good JB . my fig tree is going nuts with all the figs it has . just pick off the tree wash and eat . man they are darn good too .

hey maybe i can come up with a fig type BBQ sause and or rub with sum fig in it :scratch

Let surf my recipe archives Fig sauce huh, hummm

Heres a few

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
5 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons honey
1/3 cup thinly sliced, stemmed Calimyrna figs
5 teaspoons chopped fresh basil

bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Boil until the vinegar has reduced by half, 4 to 5 minutes. Once reduced, stir in the butter, honey, and sliced figs. Stir until the butter has melted, then remove from the heat, stir in the chopped basil and set aside to cool

20 purple figs (about 1 1/2 pounds), stems trimmed
2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup dry red wine
2 mint sprigs
1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
Ground allspice, for sprinkling
Vanilla ice cream, for serving

directions
Preheat the oven to 450°. Stand 16 of the figs upright in a shallow baking dish. Using a small knife, make a cross in each one and lightly press to open the incisions slightly. Brush the tops of the figs with the melted butter and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the sugar. Bake in the upper third of the oven for about 25 minutes, or until the figs are tender and glazed on top.
Meanwhile, coarsely chop the remaining 4 figs. Transfer to a mini food processor and puree. In a medium saucepan, combine the red wine with the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar, the mint sprigs and cinnamon stick and boil over high heat until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Discard the mint and cinnamon stick and stir in the fig puree.
Spoon the sauce on small plates. Set 4 figs on each plate, sprinkle with allspice, add a scoop of ice cream and serve right away.

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
3/4 cup onions, chopped
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1/2 cup dried figs, finely chopped

Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with 1 1/2 tsps thyme, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add chicken and cook for 6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove from pan and keep warm by covering plate with towel or placing in warm oven.
Reduce heat to medium and add butter to skillet.
Add onions and saute for 3 minutes.
Add broth, vinegar, soy sauce and figs.
Simmer until sauce is reduced to 1 cup (about 3 minutes).
Add 1 tablespoon thyme and 1/4 tsp salt.
Cut chicken breasts on the diagonal into slices. Serve sauce over chicken.

007bond-jb said:
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
5 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons honey
1/3 cup thinly sliced, stemmed Calimyrna figs
5 teaspoons chopped fresh basil

bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Boil until the vinegar has reduced by half, 4 to 5 minutes. Once reduced, stir in the butter, honey, and sliced figs. Stir until the butter has melted, then remove from the heat, stir in the chopped basil and set aside to cool

Ooooh I like the sounds of that one. Hmmm sauce for pork loin?

Hey boy. I got a fig tree too. they are falling off faster than I can eat and can them. I make preserves too.. Figs taste soo good on toast or on a peanut butter sandwich..You video is great too!

Back
Top Bottom