Rabbit and Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Did some cooking this weekend…had some problems with the camera card(now I can’t even get the damn thing to format ) so not pictured is the butts, beef and chicken I did…but I do have some pics of the ribs and rabbit I smoked….One rack was my rub, one was Billy Bones original (thanks Bob) and the other was just S&P until the end when I hit it with a Memphis style rub…the rabbit was hit with S &Lemon Pepper and some Garlic and Onion Powder then I mopped it with some melted butter and more seasoning…

With his spear and magic helmet, he killed da Wabbit. :twisted:

Actually it’s been a while since I’ve had any wabbit. It’s real lean so the butter basting is a must. (can't see picks from imageshack at work :x ) Sounds good though.

007bond-jb said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":10fbvjbn]Rabbit? :shock:
Yeah... Wabbit, But its DUCK SEASON!... SHOOT ME NOW,,,. He witt looks good, how many people you feedin?[/quote:10fbvjbn]
Just me the mrs..and the boys..and my neighbor stopped by..the butter mop was good...next time I think I'm going to give the rabbit the needle...I did a buttery cajun injection on the chicken and I think a garlic and butter injection on the rabbit would work well...

I haven't tried rabbit since I was a kid. Maybe have to get my rabbit hunting friends to get me some. They usually give them away.

Good job wittdog.

Staples usually runs sales on all kinds of flash cards. Just about every week or so they put something different on sale.

A rabbit came into a shop and asked, "Got any carrots?" The seller answered, "No!"

The next day the rabbit came again and asked, "Got any carrots?" The seller replied "No!"

Next day the rabbit came and asked, "Got any carrots?" The seller shouted, "No! And if you come again and ask for carrots, I'll get some nails and hammer you to the wall by your ears!"

Early next morning the rabbit came back and asked, " Got any nails?" The seller answered, "No!" The rabbit asked, "Got any carrots?"

img_94429_0_becb364e5804557e5e87add27210d75d.jpg

That's no photshop...it's a some "German Giant...something or other"

Gary the rabbit didn't dry out..I had the rabbits in the hotspots of the pit and I tend to do my ribs a little hotter than I do my other stuff...and I butter mopped the rabbit...that being said I was very carefull not to dry it out....
Cliff yes that rack of ribs has the "Memphis Rub" from BBQ USA...I applied the rub the last half hour of cooking...my wife likes it...I could take it or leave it..

Smokey_Joe said:
A rabbit came into a shop and asked, "Got any carrots?" The seller answered, "No!"

The next day the rabbit came again and asked, "Got any carrots?" The seller replied "No!"

Next day the rabbit came and asked, "Got any carrots?" The seller shouted, "No! And if you come again and ask for carrots, I'll get some nails and hammer you to the wall by your ears!"

Early next morning the rabbit came back and asked, " Got any nails?" The seller answered, "No!" The rabbit asked, "Got any carrots?"

img_94769_0_becb364e5804557e5e87add27210d75d.jpg

That's no photshop...it's a some "German Giant...something or other"
Achtung Hassenfeffer! :shock: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Hasenfeffe ... etail.aspx

Back
Top Bottom