Pulled Pork and Pulled Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I got hit up last week for some orders at work. After doing it, I know why I don't like catering. Too much work!!! I started off with 6 whole chickens and ended up with around 7lbs of meat. Did 4 butts and ended up with 14lbs of finished product. The chicken was sauced and seasoned with SBR's and Original Wolfe Rub. The pork was seasoned with Original Wolfe Rub and the BBQ-4-U Comp Teams "Spzecial Szauce"!! Everything turned out very good. I had alot going on yesterday so there are not many pic's.

Local bbq joint has a purty kewlish system sorta like that. He takes leftovers from the day before..bag sucks it and packs it into a glass top chest freezer which is prominently on display in the dining room and peddles it for a discount. Mostly racks of ribs and whole briskets..half chickens and stuff like that. Yeppers..in most parts of the civilized world suspect it would have to be prepared in a commercial type and permitted establishment in order to placate the local health goods and be legal. Course that legalese bidness do not deter some folks:)

bigwheel

Cliff H. said:
I wondered if anyone ever sold meat vac sealed and frozen like you have it pictured Larry. Do you have to have a permit ?

:eek: ..OOOOOOO... a permit?....nows ya gettin' all legal on us?

who let the board of health in here?.....

next you'll be wanting him to wash his hands and wear a shirt......GEESH!!!!!!!

Cliff H. said:
I wondered if anyone ever sold meat vac sealed and frozen like you have it pictured Larry. Do you have to have a permit ?

Yeah Cliff, it's all good....... Can I take your order?

Someone from a church here sold my Mom-in-Law some pulled pork the other day.

She was told that it was cooked "Pig in the Ground" style.

She gave me a bag of it. Best I can tell, it is shreaded pork in a ziplock bag.

I guess it wouldn't matter if it was cooked on an airplane just so long as she was happy with the taste.

I've never done a pig in the ground before, but can't imagine it tasting any different onced it's pulled, especially if they added any kind of sauce to it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom