Pulled Chuck Roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
Smoking a chuck roast to pullable tenderness is an all day event.

I shot thirty minutes of video and spent the next several hours editing it down to just a little over five minutes. I still think it is too long and more talk than anything, but as long as I was talking to myself while I cooked these roast I thought I would make a start to finish video.

Sorry about the quality at the end. ;)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IoxwitSRzzM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IoxwitSRzzM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! Kudos to you Cliff for sticking with it and not giving up until it got to the pullable state!!! Man I love shredded beef and THAT looks excellent and very moist!!!!

Sorry to repoat I still think chuck roast should be cooked in the house by wimmen. Or ground up for burgers..or chunked up for chili. In fact I got a big stew in the final stages as we speak. Was supposed to be chili meat but it got side tracked in the freezer. Bound to be mock tender chuck. Just waiting on the taters to tender up. Carrots already made it. That be the highest calling for chuck.

bigwheel

Go Cliff Go. Got 2 butts and a 5lb chuck on the WSM now. Love those chuck roasts for pulled beef! Gotta contact Larry to get some WRB and WRO to try out.

Anybody who want to cook chuck roast on the pit got to have a screw loose in the haid. Let us get serious here.

bigwheel

Cliff, if you have any left over, make a pot of chili and add the chuck to it. It adds a great smoky flavor to the chili! As far as bw, no pics = no cook! The guy talks a good game (?) but never has anything to show!

Well if yall think that looks good you shoulda sampled my mock tender chuck stew. Whew..it was a grand prize winner. I dont see how anybody takes pics whilst they cook. I mean dont it get your camera all greasy and stuff like that?

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well if yall think that looks good you shoulda sampled my mock tender chuck stew. Whew..it was a grand prize winner. I dont see how anybody takes pics whilst they cook. I mean dont it get your camera all greasy and stuff like that?

bigwheel

Nope. No pics = no cook. Show us what you have there big fella!

Some how that just didn't sound right!

Back
Top Bottom