Product and price check opinions please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chiles

Senior Cook
All,
I've been doing some searching and am trying to buy larger quatntity, more consistant size and quality products so I can focus a little more on seasoning and cooking. I'm working with local suppliers instead of the retail chains. How do these compare for case prices?

BEEF BRISKET FLAT ANGUS Choice 2.79 lb (Twelve 6lb brisketts per case)

SMITHFIELD PORK BUTT BOSTON (fresh) 1.12 lb (Eight 8 to 5 lb per case)

CHAIRMAN PORK RIB BACK 1.75 LB UP FROZEN 3.68 LB (Fifteen 1.75 and up racks, unpeeled per case)

I'm still researching the chicken.

-Chiles

Chiles,

Can't comment on the brisket nor our case prices here, however, I can tell you that baby back ribs from Sam's Club, 3 to a cryo, are $3.49/lb. Pork Butts at Sam's, 2 to a cryo, are $1.78/lb. I'm sure the case price is better than $1.78 but probably not as good as $1.12.

bruce B not to Hi jack

Bruce- not to hijack a thread, but when I bought the ribs 3 to a pack at Sams- & put them in the smoker using the 3-2-1 method, they came out tasting like ham. I even did a side by side test 3-2-1 of Sams and another supplier, again Sam's tasted like ham the others fine, & I did everything the same. Are Sam's injected? They say not, but now I am heisitant to use them. Thoughts? Pete

stogie-

thanks, but it still makes me nervous. the guys I asked at Sam's say, 'uh what's injected?' so I stopped asking. at my Sam's there aren't any choices, it is 3 to a cryo & all seem to be the same.
Hey I'd love it if I could use Sam's, save me a lot of hassles and expense, but after the side by side comparison, I am just gun shy. BTW you're not he first to tell me Sam's aren't injected. Thanks and let me know what you find out. Pete

The Chairman's reserve were Ok. I won't know for sure until I do another cook with them they had a lot of meat, but they also had a thicker fat layer then the last batch of SAM's that I had cooked in the past.

I think I'd rather have Smithfield or Farmland's.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom