Probe Wires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had this problem with the probes on my Nu-Temp. A good way to stop the moisture problem is to get a piece of high-heat shrink wrap and put it on the probe where the wire goes into the probe. Only needs to be about 1" long to cover the joint. You can get the high-heat shrink wrap at Radio Shack or Home Depot ( it's in the elec. dept..it's black and about 6" long tubes) and comes in different diameters . I did this and have not had another problem and the probes are 3 years old now.

maverick probes

Hey folks...we are a Maverick dealer and if your probes go bad for any reason, maverick will usually replace them for no charge.

FYI ... the probes on the ET73 will take 400 degrees , if you let them get 401 they read HHH on the readout and they will be fried unless you get them off quick ...sometimes you can save them if you get them out of the cooker right away ... it isn't the probes per se but the wires that cannot handle high temps.

That being said, Maverick will NOT send replacements to dealers for free ...trust me I have tried ...but they usually will send them to the end user for free.

that being said, we now have the better / high temp probes in stock ...they handle 550 degrees i think...they last a LOT longer I can tell you ... if you want to know how to order, email me offlist.
FB/SG{

Re: maverick probes

SmokinGuitarPlayer said:
Hey folks...we are a Maverick dealer and if your probes go bad for any reason, maverick will usually replace them for no charge.

FYI ... the probes on the ET73 will take 400 degrees , if you let them get 401 they read HHH on the readout and they will be fried unless you get them off quick ...sometimes you can save them if you get them out of the cooker right away ... it isn't the probes per se but the wires that cannot handle high temps.

That being said, Maverick will NOT send replacements to dealers for free ...trust me I have tried ...but they usually will send them to the end user for free.

that being said, we now have the better / high temp probes in stock ...they handle 550 degrees i think...they last a LOT longer I can tell you ... if you want to know how to order, email me offlist.
FB/SG{

Do you have the probes with the long wires in stock?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom