Prime Rib Roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gomer1

Senior Cook
Every Thanksgiving my Dad does a Turkey and a Prime Rib, the Prime Rib is because of me, I am allergic to poultry.

So this year I wanted to do the Prime Rib (I am back home in NY for Thanksgiving so I do not have my WSM). We are going to do it in the oven. I wanted to follow Wolfe's recipe Here.

So at 450* for 15 minutes, then a decreased temp of 325, about how long per pound are we looking at to cook it, and how long do you rest? Also, how do you rest a Prime Rib? (I am going to do this med rare so to about 120-125 before I pull it from the oven.

Thanks!

I'd figure about 20 minutes per pound. Rest it for approximatly 20 minutes also. When we do them at the firehouse we lay a piece of aluminum foil over them (real loose) and then put a dishtowel over that. It works great for us. I'd pull it also when it hits 125*, no more. It will climb quite a bit more from there.

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know my roast came out just about perfect. Pics will come on monday, I don't have any of the stuff to hook up my camera to the computer (sorry).

Thanks Nick, the timing was real good I was done right on time.

Back
Top Bottom