Practice Practice Practice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diva Q

Executive Chef
Tonight I have a brisket and a couple of butts going on.

Ill post pics later.

Had some issues with my brisket last comp so i need to tweak something.

If I cook anymore chicken i think i am going to grow feathers so I need a break from that.

Tomorrow I am working with Chef Jeffrey Kenny from Liasion Culinary College and teaching a basics BBQ class for 22 people. The class is only 5-6 hours so the big stuff will be done tonight.

Ribs, Chicken, Brisket, Butt, Vegetables, Desserts.

It will also give me some time to practice a few things tomorrow as well.

Ill post pics of the class too.

The most picture perfect best tastin briskit I ever made was during an all day rainstorm. Had trouble keeping the temp up, It was a friends smoker in his back yard, we rigged up tarp over it but the SOB blew away. After fightin for 12 hours I pulled the meat & was shocked. It was fantastic & had a smoke ring almost all the way through.

Good luck on your practice.

I'm doing 9 racks of ribs, two butts (maybe four) a briskette and a few pounds of chicken theighs this weekend.

Every cook I do for the next few weeks will be focused on timing just like I am doing a KCBS event. I'm feeling ok about my product, but timing kills me every time.

-Chiles

23 people (sold out) attended the class. It was fun rain held off until just before dessert.

We did so much food I was too busy to take many pics.

pic

DivaQ I'd know that smoke stack anywhere!! Looks like a Traeger 75 to me, got one & like it too!!

Back
Top Bottom