Powers Out Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbquzz

Master Chef
At 8:30 PM Friday night a big storm came through and knocked out the power. I took a drive Saturday morning and decided with the damage the winds had done the power would not be on for a while so I figured I'd better use the ribs I planned for Sunday on Saturday. Saturday being the second annual Moink Ball day I had already planned to do some of those. So Saturday's dinner was a little strange, but good. Ribs, Moinks and my first attempt at corn on the grill. With no power I had to do the ribs "Old School" with no Guru. I took the advice offered by many of you and started low and got the temperature up to 250° and then put the ribs on. These were very small racks of BB, less than 2 lbs each. I was planning on a 3, 2, 1, but ended up with a 3, 1 and it should have been a 3, I assume because the racks were so small. I did the toothpick test at 3 hours and should have pulled them then .... The meat told me so, but I though they couldn't be done so glazed them with a new cherry BBQ sauce and let them go another hour ... Wrong. They were okay, but a bit dry. The Moinks were great, rubbed in brown sugar and chili powder and glazed with sweet sour sauce and the corn was super. Noon Sunday the power finally came back on and as soon has the internet comes back up I'll post this. Sorry the pictures are not great, had to use my iPhone and was working in cramped quarters to stay out of the rain.

Mighty fine batch of groceries ya got there. Good work. Glad to hear the power was restored. That is always a real traumatic deal these days. Not sure how folks survived back before Algore invented electricity..or was it Ben Franklin? My memory aint near as good as it used to be.

bigwheel

Sweet man, looks super tasty, I think I am ganna throw some Moinks on with the spares I'm doing tomorrow, thanks for the inspiration :)

Nice looking ribs and MOINKs. The corn looks like it was done perfectly, too. I can tell by the brown husks. That's the way I like doing them. Don't fret over the ribs. You'll nail them next time.

Smokey Lew said:
Nice looking ribs and MOINKs. The corn looks like it was done perfectly, too. I can tell by the brown husks. That's the way I like doing them. Don't fret over the ribs. You'll nail them next time.

I did that corn because yours always looks so good I want to get it down pat before I get the Chaney :D Next I have to get the "Dirty Bird Chicken" of yours down :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom