Pork Loin BBQ contest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddog27

Sous Chef
Over on the Arizona BBQ Association web page they just announced a bbq contest to benefit police/fire fighters educational funds. It is unusual because the only BBQ category is pork loin. This is one piece of meat I am not very experienced with. It says you can show up with it already in a marinade. Does anyone have any tips or recipes for an award wining pork loin?

ddog27 said:
Over on the Arizona BBQ Association web page they just announced a bbq contest to benefit police/fire fighters educational funds. It is unusual because the only BBQ category is pork loin. This is one piece of meat I am not very experienced with. It says you can show up with it already in a marinade. Does anyone have any tips or recipes for an award wining pork loin?

Walter`s Super Pork Tenderloin

Rinse and pat dry loins. Mix ½ cup of grainy brown mustard and ½ cup of A1 hickory marinade. Trim all fat from loins before placing mixture on loin. Place mixture on pork loins generously , place in container with lions , let marinate for 4-8 hours and grill all over medium heat , turn as needed. Don`t pierce meat while it cooks. Cooking time about 30 minutes , Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. This also works great on chicken too.

Not really. It says that the food must be ready to cook at 6:00AM. It is ok to show up with pre-rubbed or marinaded meat. Sounds like a laid back fun contest.

There's four pork loin recipes in the Pork Section.
I've got some at home.
Kevin Kruger is a great resource for recipes and he's always been eager to help me out.
Hoss would be another good resource.

You got a rot. and a kettle?
You can go simple but good with herbs de Provence.
Lots of people like mojo for a Cuban or Mexican feel.

I like to stuff pork loin with wild rice, chopped apricots, chopped pecans, with green onion and red pepper. Wrap with apple/pepper bacon and roast until done. Serve with chipotle cream sauce and a stripe of cranberry BBQ sauce. Good stuff Maynard!

Good Luck

Jack

Jack W. said:
I like to stuff pork loin with wild rice, chopped apricots, chopped pecans, with green onion and red pepper. Wrap with apple/pepper bacon and roast until done. Serve with chipotle cream sauce and a stripe of cranberry BBQ sauce. Good stuff Maynard!

Good Luck

Jack

Thats good stuff for sure !!

Back
Top Bottom