Pork Butts on a Monster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is an offset firebox.
img_255497_0_7134b89d0c299a5e3e2a06ca53c1974c.jpg

The firebox is inside the insulated case, over on the right where there isn't an opening for the cooking chamber. The top of the firebox is the chute which is filled with charcoal and wood. It is like all of the Gravity Feed models that Stump's Smokers builds.
img_255497_1_ff91af25a4eb8f9e2326e727ef444900.jpg

On this picture, you can see the access to the ash pan, under the firebox. The ball valve is used to control the temperature by opening for more air, and closing to restrict the air.

The top of the chute where the charcoal/logs can be added is there at the top, right behind the Stump's Smokers logo.

No, I can't cook a pot of beans on top of the firebox, but I can put that pot inside on the grates.

I'll get more pictures as I use it more if and when the weather gets better.

BOB

Ok finally got the pic here I think. Looks like some excellent injuneering and construction. Thanks for the additional photos.

Ok finally got the pic here I think. Looks like some excellent injuneering and construction. Thanks for the additional photos.
I got tired of buying "pits" and then having to spend more time and money upgrading and modifying them to get them to work. So, I shopped around and found a company that I like and trust. Stump is always designing and testing something new.

BOB

Yeppers..I was at one time hot trot to get some version of Stumps..but but but. Best laid plans of mice and men and all that rot..lol. Know it will be a treasure for you for a long time. Old pal I used to cook with had a custom built offset which used sorta the same principal..but his firebox stuck out enough to sit stuff on it. The other half stuck into the cook chamber ending up directly under a 15 gal SS torpedo shaped horse trough looking water pan. That was one sweet cooking pit and cleanup was a non issue..just turn the valve and empty the water and all the crud went with it. The gravity feed would have been a nice touch on that one. Seems like his exhausted nearest the firebox too. It was fairly fuel efficient. Just take a good while to warm up all that water. Cooked the exact same from end to end temp wise.

Back
Top Bottom