Pizza wrapped fatty?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
Inspired by the pizza fatty from Gonnagetcha (the link below this one) I just thought of what would happen if you wrapped that all in a pizza dough 1/2 way (or more ) throught the cook? ( understanding it would become a calzone ) Would it grease soak the dough? :?: :idea:

Calzone type

DB, When I smoked those last night they stop dripping grease about an hour or so into it. The temp was about 290-300 for that first 45 minutes. I think it might have given them a kind of sear. To answer your question, I think you could take them off and wrap them. I would make sure the dough was thick. I took the leftover slices from last night and put some pizza sauce,mozz cheese in Pillsbury pizza crust and made 2 calzones in the oven for dinner tonight.

Re: Calzone type

Gunnagitcha said:
DB, When I smoked those last night they stop dripping grease about an hour or so into it. The temp was about 290-300 for that first 45 minutes. I think it might have given them a kind of sear. To answer your question, I think you could take them off and wrap them. I would make sure the dough was thick. I took the leftover slices from last night and put some pizza sauce,mozz cheese in Pillsbury pizza crust and made 2 calzones in the oven for dinner tonight.

Damn your killin me over here. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom