Pit Pirate: 8 Butts, 2 Briskets and 18 Racks of Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys.
I post these and the times to help new folks gauge their cooking. I remember 3 years back and heck this year when I thought I knew something and I got "skooled". Hey I sit down and take notes and shut my mouth and Pay Attention Boy.

Pictures and videos are great for seeing what to do or how you can tweak things yer way.

Mike Hedrick said:
Just put them snakes on there. When I flip them I'll add the shrimps. Toadstools are on and zucs too. Red beans and rices and getting....nice.

Bread is still lined up in the loaf but I got some butter getting ready.

Hey, I gotta feed me to feed others.
:shock:

Bet that pissed them off. Great job, everything looks terrific. Question, why vac wrap for one day.

Cliff H. said:
I noticed that you are kind of a skinny dude to be cooking all that bbq. You need to work on that. :LOL:

Bigwheel once asked me "How long you had that weight problem?"
lol
Man I bet I lost 5 lbs today alone. Had to take all that food an hour away and then cook 50 pieces of Chicken in 107 Degree Heat Index standing over that round bowl of coals. Drank 6 waters a Gatoraid and a beer and peed about 1/2 cup.

Trying to cool down now before I unhook pit and unload. This Pop is boiling as it goes down my throat I think.

As for how long a vac pac is good in the frig I don't know. I only keep stuff around about a week. In the freezer ...years.
I throw everything back in my smoker in full sized covered pans to reheat. Beans I cooked today on the Fire Box. lol

Unity said:
Mike Hedrick said:
Drank 6 waters a Gatoraid and a beer and peed about 1/2 cup.
You pee in a measuring cup? :shock:

--John 8)

No silly. Can't you measure out a 1/2 cup in yer hand?
:roll:

I was guessing man!
lol

Mike Hedrick said:
Unity said:
[quote="Mike Hedrick":2ko1znpj]Drank 6 waters a Gatoraid and a beer and peed about 1/2 cup.
You pee in a measuring cup? :shock:

--John 8)

No silly. Can't you measure out a 1/2 cup in yer hand?
:roll:

I was guessing man!
lol[/quote:2ko1znpj]

That is TMI

:shock:

Here is the chicken I cooked in 105 degree heat. Instant read therm on my sleeve reaching over fire was 162 degrees. lol
Yeowch!

With that temp reading it seems you were ready to be wrapped in foil with a little beer/sauce for the final few hours.

That's one fine undertaking, Mike. I admire what you're doing. :)

--John 8)
(People running WR should take note of how well you guys are organized. :shock: )

Back
Top Bottom