Pit Beef Sandwiches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pit beef is traditionally made with top round. I did pit beef a few weeks back. 3lb top round rubbed with season salt, oregeno and sylvias seasoning...cooked on the kettle over direct heat to sear and then over thin bed of coals to finish...total cooking time was about 15 minutes per side for mid-rare...then sliced thin against the grain...served on hard roll with fresh horseradish sauce, lettuce, tomato and sweet onion...Tender and very good...I followed Raichlen's recipe!

Looked good Jim!! :D

Jim you gotta cut any round roast very thin or it will be chewy. Put it in a small pan with some beef broth and a couple dashes of worchestershire and let it simmer for about 30 minutes, it'll tender up a bit.

Larry Wolfe said:
Jim you gotta cut any round roast very thin or it will be chewy. Put it in a small pan with some beef broth and a couple dashes of worchestershire and let it simmer for about 30 minutes, it'll tender up a bit.
Thats what I was thinking :!:
Looks tasty though Cap :!:
Hot beef sammie's for probably 4 day's =P~

Puff said:
Larry Wolfe said:
Thats what I was thinking :!:
Looks tasty though Cap :!:
Hot beef sammie's for probably 4 day's =P~
If he cuts it thin enough, 6 days.. :grin: :grin: 8-[

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom