Pit Beef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The answer is probably in here somewhere, but what is pit beef :?: type of cut, how cooked, advantages of it, etc. Thanks

Oh man, that sure looks good. Is it just me, or have the quality of the photos made a quantum leap up in quality lately on this board?

That looks amazing!

Is Pit Beef traditionally cooked through, or can it be served medium/medium rare?

Hot quick and rare. I used bottom round the time I tried it. If I had sliced it as thick as in the photo I would still be chewing on it. Finally took it to the local deli and had em shave it up. Turned it from shoe leather to edible. Looks good. Guess them sirloins work different. Was sorta funny but everybody liked it cold mo betta than hot. Not sure whut was up on that.

bigwheel

Ok, my stomach just yelled at me when my eyes saw that food... BRB.. going to fridge.... :shock: Nice stuff...

Looks great!! What did you think of the fab? The time I used it on a brisket I thought it was overpowering but I still have some more of it so I am going to try and mess with it a little more and see if I can get it down.

Chris

I am really interested in this

I am really interested in this, could you tell me the cut in the photo? What temp did you cook it at?
does it get a realy 'smokey' flavor?
any other secrets?
I've tried this several times, & still looking for a better process. I tried high heat on the grill, like I saw on a show about Baltimore pit beef, but it did not turn out too well.

Back
Top Bottom