Pig In The Ground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
There was a Pig in the Ground BBQ at my Church a couple of weeks ago. I had to work and was not able to attend. I really wanted to be there to observe and help if needed.

I found out later that it was not a whole pig but lots of pig parts that were cooked in the ground instead. I don't know what all cuts were done but there was a whole bunch of em.

I got the pics from the guy who was in charge of the event. This is the way he does it. The wife said it was good but a little on the dry side. Since I didn't get to taste any of it I can only guess from the pics how it must have tasted.

I have reconstructed the cook from 120 pics into some kind of order.

I know it started about 4:30 am and it rained some that afternoon. The meat was in the ground all day. I don't know how anyone knew when it was time to uncover.

Mango said:
They were missing split banana stalks, burlap, banana leaf, Kiawe and a Ukulele close but no prize :LOL:

i think maybe a couple Hula dancers would have helped to..if it was dry it was because it needed the stalks and leafs on top of those hot rocks..before putting the pork in and then..oh well maybe not the same type of cooking. i'm always learning

Back
Top Bottom