Picture log - my first beef brisket on WSM (with your help)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cruising,

It's possible you didn't let it rest long enough? I'd of gone at least 2 and possibly three hours of rest but I know that's hard to do. Was there much juice in the foil when you opened it?

Congratulations again, you just cooked the hardest piece of meat to master.

Try a local butcher. You might be surprised by the prices. You're right Sam's doesn't carry them (at least here anyway). We have a meat distribution company that sells primarily to restaurants and also serves the general public. I can get a choice grade of brisket there for a little bit over $2 lb.
Grocery stores can get you a whole brisket on special order but there prices are generally double what I quoted. Check the yellow pages and see what you can come up with. If there are any places in town that sell corned beef you might want to check with them as to where the get there meat locally. After all corned beef starts out as a brisket.

Good luck!

Crusing, try your local supermarkets meat department. Ask the butcher there. At mine they have the whole packers and cut them up them selfs into the smaller flats. I picked 1 up 3 weeks ago, the butcher was putting the smaller flats in the display case and I asked her if she had any whole briskets. She said I didn't want one with all the fat and I had to assure her that I did. I picked it up for $2.50 per pound, a little pricing but a beauty! I just pulled it out of the freezer and put it into the refridg. to cook for next Saturday!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom