Pickle juice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
Has anyone ever made anything with pickle juice? Pickles do complement beef rather well. I am thinking sauce or marinade. Any ideas?

SHHH...don't tell anyone. You take a gallon and inject it into a brisket and cook it at 425 deg. for 3 hours. :^o :^o :^o

I think when we went to a comp here a couple of years ago we had a sample of brisket that was marinaded in piclke juice...It was pretty good kind of like a cross between brisket and corned beef.....

I use it in cole slaw also. Sometimes, I even add it to homemade ketchup based bbq sauce. My sauce is never the same and has all sorts of ingredients. My favorite "secret" ingredient is pickled peach juice but that's really hard to find in Indiana. I try to stock up on them when I visit my family in Georgia.

found a recipe for dill pickle marinade in Paul Kirk's Championship Barbecue Sauces.

3/4 c dill pickle liquid
1/4 c minced dill pickles
2 garlic cloves pressed
1 tsp. black pepper
1/2 teas salt
1 c vegetable oil

mix first five ingredients; whisk in oil a little at a time, can be kept in fridge in airtight jar for up to 2 wks. Use it to marinate flank steak for 3-5 hours.

caroline's rub said:
One thing I do with the excess cucumbers from the garden is slice them up and throw them in the juice...gives a pretty good, close to homemade flavor!
I also like to add it to tuna and chicken salad for sandwiches. Goes great with smoked chicken!

If you grow them in your garden, aren't they homemade?

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="caroline's rub":3k5li0fu]One thing I do with the excess cucumbers from the garden is slice them up and throw them in the juice...gives a pretty good, close to homemade flavor!
I also like to add it to tuna and chicken salad for sandwiches. Goes great with smoked chicken!

If you grow them in your garden, aren't they homemade?[/quote:3k5li0fu]
I think she was talking about pickles. :(

Puff said:
Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="caroline's rub":ga0oago7]One thing I do with the excess cucumbers from the garden is slice them up and throw them in the juice...gives a pretty good, close to homemade flavor!

I think she was talking about pickles. :([/quote:ga0oago7]

"He"
Oh :)

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3yay16ua][quote="caroline's rub":3yay16ua]One thing I do with the excess cucumbers from the garden is slice them up and throw them in the juice...gives a pretty good, close to homemade flavor!

I think she was talking about pickles. :([/quote:3yay16ua]

"He"
Oh :)[/quote:3yay16ua]
Shes a he? :eek:
Ummmm.....How 'bout those Tiger's =D>

diverdave said:
Pickle juice is great for cutting the sweetness in some sauces. Pickled pepper juice is also good for giving a lift to a sauce thats too bland. Of course I might of been pickled at the time too!
:lmao:

Rumor has it that drinking PJ will cure a hangover. But Im not going to try it.
I also heard Cappy invented pickle juice.

Back
Top Bottom