Pastrami Project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry about the quality of the pic…I was hungry….thanks for the recipe Big Wheel even if I Dam Yankeed it…the flavor was outstanding and is was melt in your mouth tender…I don’t know if I’ll be buying any more store bought…..

The recipe is Big Wheels and can be found here http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... orum=bbq4u
I changed from the tender quick to the insta cure cus that is what I had on hand…I mixed the brine and injected the brisket and let it sit in the remaining brine for 5 days..I placed it in the smoker at 150* when the brisket was dry I added some cherry wood and raised the temp up to 250* and it smoked for about 2 hrs with the cheery…I then stopped adding wood and cooked at 250* till the brisket was at 180* internal…Foiled and let rest…then sliced….this is definatly one worth trying guys…I hope some if left over to make corned beef hash this weekend….Next up Bacon….I scored 15lbs of pork bellies today… [smilie=a_holycrap.gif]

Well glad to hear it turned out edible for you. Now you making me want to make some:) Wished there was a handy place to buy bellies around here. Might get em off Sysco be the only place I know to look.

bigwheel

wittdog said:
Sorry about the quality of the pic…I was hungry….thanks for the recipe Big Wheel even if I Dam Yankeed it…the flavor was outstanding and is was melt in your mouth tender…I don’t know if I’ll be buying any more store bought…..

The recipe is Big Wheels and can be found here http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... orum=bbq4u
I changed from the tender quick to the insta cure cus that is what I had on hand…I mixed the brine and injected the brisket and let it sit in the remaining brine for 5 days..I placed it in the smoker at 150* when the brisket was dry I added some cherry wood and raised the temp up to 250* and it smoked for about 2 hrs with the cheery…I then stopped adding wood and cooked at 250* till the brisket was at 180* internal…Foiled and let rest…then sliced….this is definatly one worth trying guys…I hope some if left over to make corned beef hash this weekend….Next up Bacon….I scored 15lbs of pork bellies today… [smilie=a_holycrap.gif]

bigwheel said:
Well glad to hear it turned out edible for you. Now you making me want to make some:) Wished there was a handy place to buy bellies around here. Might get em off Sysco be the only place I know to look.

bigwheel

wittdog said:

BW thanks again for the recipe....I think the W Sencea water was a big inprovement ove the Fort Wurth water :P Bellies are hard to find around here....hit or miss most times miss....

Back
Top Bottom