Pastrami Pastrami Pastrami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Larry that looks absolutey fantastic. Did you corn the brisket or start with
corned beef?

I just sent the wife off to get a corned beef. I plan on smoking it in my
FEC-100. I'm assuming that I don't have to smoke the corned beef like its a brisket since its already cooked. My plan would be to cook it in the Fast Eddy Smoker at around 180 for approximately 4 hours than raise the temps to around 250 to 275 to get a nice crusted exterior. Does that sound right to you.

Could you elaborate as to how long you cooked yours on the primo and the approximate temps?

Thanks in advance!

Dallas

P.S. Have you gotten a Fast Eddy Cooker yet now that you are selling them? Any plans to get one if you don't?

Kloset BBQR said:
Larry that looks absolutey fantastic. Did you corn the brisket or start with
corned beef?

I just sent the wife off to get a corned beef. I plan on smoking it in my
FEC-100. I'm assuming that I don't have to smoke the corned beef like its a brisket since its already cooked. My plan would be to cook it in the Fast Eddy Smoker at around 180 for approximately 4 hours than raise the temps to around 250 to 275 to get a nice crusted exterior. Does that sound right to you.

Could you elaborate as to how long you cooked yours on the primo and the approximate temps?

Thanks in advance!

Dallas

P.S. Have you gotten a Fast Eddy Cooker yet now that you are selling them? Any plans to get one if you don't?

Hey Dallas! Yes I used a packaged corned beef. (NOTE - They are not already cooked). Soaked for 3 hours and I think I changed the water 3 times. Cooked on the Primo Jr. at 225* grate temp until I got a meat temp of 165*, double wrapped in foil and let sit on the counter for an hour, opened foil to cool before slicing.

No I have not gotta an FEC yet, but I really really really really really want one!

Thanks Larry, is it necessary to soak them in water for three hours?

We're trying to have the pastrami Reubens for dinner tonight and that would dfinitely turn this into a midnight snack. Will they be extra salty if we don't do that? I'm assuming that this is rectified if you're making a corned beef when they are boiled in water.

I didn't realize that the store bought corned beefs weren't already cooked!
Thanks for educating me on that!

I'll let you know how it turns out. This will be a frist for me.

What did you use for a Rub, Regular or Bold? Anything else added to your rub?

Back
Top Bottom