parts of a cows rib cage.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bobberqer said:
Those are Beef Back Ribs, NAMP # 124, that come from the Prime Rib..$1.99 at the retail level is a pretty good price !!!.. You'd be hard pressed to find a better price up here in NY.. That is what I pay wholesale.. stock up!!!!

Beef short ribs are confusing because at the retail level there are a few different types of "short" ribs, but they taste miles different... Beef "Chuck" short ribs NAMP# 130, come from the chuck and in packages that consist of at least 4 ribs , and are ribs 2-3-4-5 in the Chuck... Beef Short Plate ribs, NAMP# are bone 6-7-8, and come from the Plate , and will taste as good as any prime ribs you've ever eaten if they are done properly. Bottom Line is go for the beef short plate ribs..i they try and sell you a package that has more than 3 bones in it, the butcher is trying to pull a fast one on ya, cause it ain't Short Ribs, Plate...There is also something called Rib Fingers, NAMP # 124A, and a few others items called beef ribs, or short ribs

Good info Bobber. I'll get this rib thing right yet. Armed with the 6-7-8 bone thing I'll go to Detricks Meats off of I-78 again. They are Pa Dutch which is like dealing with a box of tree stumps. They do have a KILLER brisket though. Had several, which didn't look inpressive but cook up outstanding (Angus)
Gonna nail this rib thing some day.

Bobberqer said:
I just had beef back ribs today at a Que joint I've been trying to drag Nick P to .. ya mised a good one Nick!!!

If you want to be welcomed back leave Nicky at home!! :LOL:

Nick Prochilo said:
Bobberqer said:
I just had beef back ribs today at a Que joint I've been trying to drag Nick P to .. ya mised a good one Nick!!!

I had to work! Damn it I'm working this Friday also!

[quote="Larry Wolfe":31berr6u]

Bastard! :LOL:[/quote:31berr6u]

you working next Friday ??? might be able to run over there, or that place in Long Beach, if scheduling gods are nice to me

Bobberqer said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Bobberqer said:

I had to work! Damn it I'm working this Friday also!

[quote="Larry Wolfe":3qwusyap]

Bastard! :LOL:

you working next Friday ??? might be able to run over there, or that place in Long Beach, if scheduling gods are nice to me[/quote:3qwusyap]

I should know by Wednesday!

Back
Top Bottom