Overnight in the smoke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
john pen said:
Good looking grub Witt !! Glad to see the WSM finally getting some time !
I bet my WSM sees more time than the coffin......I hope it isn't back in the weeds and neglected.. [smilie=a_doh.gif]

wittdog said:
john pen said:
Good looking grub Witt !! Glad to see the WSM finally getting some time !
I bet my WSM sees more time than the coffin......I hope it isn't back in the weeds and neglected.. [smilie=a_doh.gif]

Nope, its still in the yard where it was when you were here. Ive used it a few more times and am moving it into the shop today to begin dismanteling it so I can build a new fire box for it and add a counter weight to the door....Im going to a local boat dealer to see if he's got an old trailer or axle laying around in the weeds so I can make it a little more moble. The trailer it's on is ok for the yard but not street safe.

john pen said:
wittdog said:
[quote="john pen":3n2qidy6]Good looking grub Witt !! Glad to see the WSM finally getting some time !

Nope, its still in the yard where it was when you were here. Ive used it a few more times and am moving it into the shop today to begin dismanteling it so I can build a new fire box for it and add a counter weight to the door....Im going to a local boat dealer to see if he's got an old trailer or axle laying around in the weeds so I can make it a little more moble. The trailer it's on is ok for the yard but not street safe.[/quote:3n2qidy6]
My guess is the only reason the coffin was still out was you were to LAZY to move it :twisted: good luck with the new firebox and finding a trailer...can't wait to bring the wood again so you can use your pit :P ....While your at it...you might want to cap the stack and add a new one that goes down to grate level (like Bufords) just my .02 seeing how you are going to be cutting and welding anyway.

The stack goes down to grate level now...was thinking about increasing the diam. a bit and making it taller.

john pen said:
The stack goes down to grate level now...was thinking about increasing the diam. a bit and making it taller.
I'm taking about extending it on the outside so you don't lose that cooking space

Gotcha...good idea, but then Id have to reconfigure the grate and the door..Im gathering ideas for a new box, so I dont want to go to nuts on the coffin. Im toying with the idea of insulating it and making it double wall instead of building a new one. If I go that route, I will use your suggestion.

john pen said:
Gotcha...good idea, but then Id have to reconfigure the grate and the door..Im gathering ideas for a new box, so I dont want to go to nuts on the coffin. Im toying with the idea of insulating it and making it double wall instead of building a new one. If I go that route, I will use your suggestion.
John you wouldn't have to reconfigure anything......just cut a hole in the side of the coffin at the end away from the FB and then weld the stack over the hole.

Understood..but in order to gain anything from the move, Id have to make the rack bigger as it ends at the stack now. Maby you should come down this week and we could debate this over a cup of coffee and lunch !!

john pen said:
Understood..but in order to gain anything from the move, Id have to make the rack bigger as it ends at the stack now. Maby you should come down this week and we could debate this over a cup of coffee and lunch !!
I would love to but..the D started preschool and I have to drop him off at 8:50 and pick him up at 11:20..Just enough time to get to your house and turn around...now if you were willing to make the drive down here...I could make a little something to eat..and a couple of bev.....think about it..and let me know

Back
Top Bottom