Overnight Butt Cook Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cap'n, Two years is pushing it. 1 year is perfection. I keep it all under cover currently so dampness isn't a factor.

Alright...at 4:20pm (hehe) the final butt came off...man, on at 10 last night and that little F'ER took 18hrs to get to 193! AAARRRRGGGHH!

Anway, the baked beans just went on with a samll chunk of fesh applewood to give um a little smoke flava!

Will take pics of the finished product...if I remember! :oops:

You know ? I've had this same conversation on other sites. I've never cooked a butt longer than 10 hours!!! What am I doin right? Even a 15 lb brisket only takes me about 14-16 hours!! Must be the foil? To me, bark ain't worth 8 hours of my time. Sorry! Woody

ps. Not once has anyone said:" have you foiled this? The bark isn't crunchy enough!"

I think you'll find that most of the quicker cooks are on offsets vs other types of cookers?? I don't know, but I've read alot of people saying the same thing, Woody. Maybe it's something about the way an offset cooks? :?

Woodman said:
You know ? I've had this same conversation on other sites. I've never cooked a butt longer than 10 hours!!! What am I doin right? Even a 15 lb brisket only takes me about 14-16 hours!! Must be the foil? To me, bark ain't worth 8 hours of my time. Sorry! Woody

ps. Not once has anyone said:" have you foiled this? The bark isn't crunchy enough!"
When do you apply the foil?? What is your pit temp? Is the meat on grill, mesh or a big ol' chunk o' steel?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom