Our big tailgate with Que

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sluggo

Cook
ready to go!!

img_199478_0_5a8ed3f532048843fb1d11d3eb2146f4.jpg

About 15 hrs in, 225 on the Traeger, 202 final temp

[/img]
img_199478_1_70aeec7d01ef1897e1c8d7850b1b5f04.jpg

Final product

img_199478_2_6b7b6515218fb5433bb69a31301f787f.jpg

We just had people put on either KC masterpiece or Cattlemans sauce
tasted real good!![/img]

BTW I messed up a little I thought- I, by mistake put the fat side down, I got real worried it may get too dry, but didn't feel like getting up at 4 am to flip them. Turned out OK, my wife liked it better, said it wasn't very greecey (sp?) at all., just fyi.

sluggo said:
BTW I messed up a little I thought- I, by mistake put the fat side down, I got real worried it may get too dry, but didn't feel like getting up at 4 am to flip them. Turned out OK, my wife liked it better, said it wasn't very greecey (sp?) at all., just fyi.

That's the only way I do butts anymore.....main reason is the fat sticks to the grates and pulls off when you remove the butt.....NOT the meat!

Nice Butts BTW!!!

Looks delicioso there Sluggo. I done a coupla on Monday which looked real similar. I always cut the fat cap plumb off prior to cooking. There seem to be still enough greese left in there to cook itself propaly. Gives a partially extry side of Mr. Brown or so goes the theory:) Good job!!

bigwheel

Nick Prochilo said:
Great job Sluggo! I cook them any way they end up on the grates!

You're lazy............ and you ignore invites for free food and free beer! :roll:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":gmbdoc9z]Great job Sluggo! I cook them any way they end up on the grates!

You're lazy............ and you ignore invites for free food and free beer! :roll:[/quote:gmbdoc9z]

Hey, I resemble that remark! :LOL:

On second thought, the last party that you and I attended, I brought the beer and you went home to bed! :shock: :cry:

Back
Top Bottom