Orlando BBQ Recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Uncle Kenny's west of Orlando, in the Citrus Tower in Clermont. Only about a 5 or so minute drive from the downtown Orlando area.

After that, there's a local chain called Bubbalou's Bodacious BBQ. Several locations scattered around Orlando.

BOB

Watch out for muggers..car jackers and sea serpents..hurricanes..grass fires..phytons..wild boars (or a sow with piglets)..crockodiles etc. Pack your shootin iron. Best of fortunes down there.

Hmm..well that is sorta like having one in da pickup when the sheet hits the fan inside the dive in question. Might as well be a million miles away as was proved to me one dark night. Pray about it and we pray for you. Each time a person flys in an airplane I normally ask the Lord to send 10,000 of His Angels to make sure the wing dont come off etc. I know you and yours will be fine. Get back in possesion of the life saving device as soon as possible. Never know when the Lord is going to expect you to swing into action and let the air out of some alleged perps. I would play it safe.

Try the food from Cuber. That is the speciality down there I think. Or maybe that is Miami. I forget right now. Carry on. Thanks.

Last edited:
Wheeler... If I am reading it right, he will be in full carry as soon as he gets out of the airport... You can't take heat on the planes no more... :)

Sheesh!

This is Florida we're talkin 'bout, not Texas. 'Gators, HurryKanes, snakes and maybe a fire or 3. If ya don't go to MyAmie, and stay outa the gettos, you'll be OK. (we cook the sea serpents, hogs and hoglets!)

BOB
most likely

Last edited:
Well glad yall getting things under control down there. Eating them pesky critters sound like a good plan. I was trying to de gun myself at the Aereoport in Armadillo one time. I had this .380 in my boot and had been told previously via a phone call to one of the cop persons..that I had to let the little girl at the counter watch me unload it and and lock it down in the luggage. I tole her the game plan and her eyes immediately got big as dinner plates. She say..Where is it? I say in my boot. She say..Is it loaded?..I say..Yes. She say unload it..I say Ok. So I pulled it out and dropped the clip then shucked the slide and kicked the bullet back to the end of the line of about 30 folks who had formed up behind. Anyway I go chasing after the bullet. Created quite a stir. One fella in line say..Sure glad I aint on your flight..lol.

Dang..we have been playing together too long..lol. I get an email from the old reprobate occasionally. Seems like he said he had a perspective new girlio type girlfriend. Way he described her thinking she look a lot like Nick maybe.

MUShand's trip has probably come and gone but I'll chime in as I lived in OTown for the better part of two decades.

4 River's is one of the best in the Orlando area, they have a few locations. Not much else to say, they're at the top (in my opinion).
Orlando BBQ Restaurant | Orlando Barbecue | Defining the Art of Smoking

Keller's is also very good and has been around quite a while, also several locations. Keller's also has insane portions. They used to do (not sure if they still do) an all you can eat item every day which changed depending on the day of the week. So today would be brisket, tomorrow is chicken, pork the next day, etc.
Altamonte Springs BBQ | Lake Mary BBQ | Orlando BBQ | Keller's Real Smoked BBQ

Bubbalou's Bodacious BBQ is a sore spot for me because back in late 1990s they were without a doubt the best Q you could get "consistently" and that last part is key. Some places you would go one time and it was awesome, sometimes terrible. The problem with Bubbalou's Bodacious BBQ is they stopped caring a while ago. The Lee Road location doesn't even serve fresh Q any more, it's all microwaved (or was, things could have changed, I hope so). The last several times I went they shorted my to go order several items and it was a hassel to get them rectify it so I stopped going.
Bubbalou's Bodacious BBQ

If you're up for a drive North there is Firehouse BBQ in Deland which is pretty darn good.
http://www.firehousebbq.us

I'm leaving a bunch out of course. There is a LOT of good Q in the Orlando area.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom