Opinion of the brinkman deluxe 24 or 30 roadmaster?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seems a little pricey for a Brinkman. For a thousand more you can get a Geer pit.

img_158695_0_68a23e0da0b6e48d8c6b74310e54a40e.jpg

I can think of at least 5 pit makers I would contact before I would buy a Brinkman anything for $6k

Klose
Gator Pit
Spicewine
Backwoods
Carolina Grills

And the list would go on and on... $0.02

Ya, I agree. I'm savin for the Klose personally....and the longer it takes me to save, I've noticed the my intentions keep leaning to the side of "Saving for a bigger one!" Anyone else have that problem? :shock: :D 8)

oh by the way the Geer pit looks bad a**! Congrats to you Kloset if you just got/bought that! I know someone here at bbq central is supposed to be getting one!

Ya know, I really was considering a Lone Star custom too they look real nice/similar. Ill have t check into that.........or are they affiliated with the Klose operation? Just now thought of that! db

dollarbill said:
Ya know, I really was considering a Lone Star custom too they look real nice/similar. Ill have t check into that.........or are they affiliated with the Klose operation? Just now thought of that! db

I think Lonestar is the company that hired Steve Bates from Bates Pits. I've heard a lot of good things about their pits. I'd buy one of those before I'd get a brinkman.

Do you have your heart set on an offset? How many are you planning on feeding, do you plan on competing, do you plan on doing overnight cooks do you want to get some sleep on the overnight cooks or do you really, really, really want to tend to a pit all night. For the money you're looking at spending you should also consider these pits if tending the fire isn't #1 on your priority list:

1. Backwoods Smokers
2. Spicewine Smokers
3. FEC 100 (cookshack)
4. Stumps Smokers

All of the smokers listed above are vertical smokers, will allow you to cook all night long and get some sleep and will save you 3-4 K over the Brinkman. For that price you could also get 30 WSM's as well and cook for an Army! :LOL:

They are a little pricey, and i was just a bit curious about them. thanks

you can follow that link to look at them. thanks :D

I just want to make it clear that I never intended to buy the Brinkman. I was just curious to here what other people thought about it. I didnt even know they made towable rigs. ;) :D :D

Kloset BBQR said:
dollarbill said:

I think Lonestar is the company that hired Steve Bates from Bates Pits. I've heard a lot of good things about their pits. I'd buy one of those before I'd get a brinkman.

Do you have your heart set on an offset? How many are you planning on feeding, do you plan on competing, do you plan on doing overnight cooks do you want to get some sleep on the overnight cooks or do you really, really, really want to tend to a pit all night.

Nope, the overnight stuff makes me smile (and grin) hhaaa. I have the WSM for the tired sleepy nights. I cant wait to get the big one!........and use it! ;) :D :D :D

KLOSE Lonestar and peoria are what ive been lookin at. Theres ups and downs to all of them! 8)

I looked at them briefly, but if the construction isn't any better than their "heavy duty" backyard models, RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!! When you get your mobile, make certain you opt for gas assist in the firebox. Absolutely essential IMHO!

Back
Top Bottom