On A Mission

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluzQue

Head Chef
Bear with me folks! I'm on a mission. I recently purchased a Big Kahuna Smoke Generator with air pump for cold smoking cheese. I've installed 2 Weber grill grates in a 30 gallon galvanized trash can. When the Kahuna comes it will attach permanently to the side of can. I plan to experiment with Jack Daniels Smoking Chips, Hickory, Applewood & Mesquite Chips for starters. I've been reading everything I can get my hands on about smoking cheese. Which brings me to my question. If I start out with "store bought" cheeses that have been refrigerated, can I seal in cheese wax after smoking and store in a cool space or do I have to refrigerate again? Evenually I want to make my own Cheddar & Gouda Cheese for smoking. Any info will be greatly appreciated from you folks on the forum!

8)

I'm all fired up Dollarbill! I see tons of Holiday & special happenings gifts for folks in the future! (Hopefully) lol

8)

BluzQue said:
I'm all fired up Dollarbill! I see tons of Holiday & special happenings gifts for folks in the future! (Hopefully) lol

8)

It is a great idea, for gifts! You could even shape the cheese. Ill stop there.

BluzQue said:
Bear with me folks! I'm on a mission. I recently purchased a Big Kahuna Smoke Generator with air pump for cold smoking cheese. I've installed 2 Weber grill grates in a 30 gallon galvanized trash can.
Do you have photographs of your build? I am interested in your trash can smoker.

RDOwens...Waiting on the Big Kahuna Smoke Generator to come in mail. I've assembled the Weber grill grates with brass securing bolts. When the generator comes, lid vent holes & mounted thermometer are finished I will take detailed photos & post. I also plan to cut hole near bottom of can for 1000 watt round hot plate AC cord to run thru for some hot smoking applications. A round black rubber stopper will plug this opening when hot plate removed for cold smoking. Thanks for the interest!

8)

Back
Top Bottom