OMG Finney cooked and took pictures!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Okay... Larry said I wasn't holding up my end of the team test trials for our upcoming comp, so I've been shamed into getting up in the morning and throwing two buts on the WSM. One with a version of the Wolfe Rub injection and one with some voodoo magic that came out of the test kitchen. Sane two that Larry used the other day.
Started making the injections last night.

Ingredients in the pot for injection #1, boiling, and cooling

Ingredients in the pot for injection #2, boiling, and cooling

Side by side comparison of the injections: #1 is in the measuring cup, #2 is in the mixing bowl. Picture on left is while the were cooling, Picture on the right is this morning.

Here's the butts. Both are just under 6 lbs. That's the biggest they had at the Piggly Wiggly that I went to. I would have liked to have had two around 7 lbs.

All rubbed up and on place to go.

Oh yeah................... They do have somewhere to go.

More later.

But I will add that I had a injection incident... I had those two butts so full of injection that one of them shot injection about 5 ft across the kitchen and got all over me. Then of course... I pumped more it it. LOL

I heard there was confusion about whether this post was mine or Finneys. IT'S FINNEYS COOK AND PIC'S, I just posted them for him!

Finney update!

BBQ'n make me hungry. Needed breakfast.

Butter, EVOO, onions garlic and mushrooms in the pan, Add the spinach. Everything out of the pan and then in with the eggs. Now everything back in the pan.

Finished product.... Boy am I full.

Note: Butts are at 145*

Larry Wolfe said:
I heard there was confusion about whether this post was mine or Finneys. IT'S FINNEYS COOK AND PIC'S, I just posted them for him!

How come Finney can't post for himself? Why the ghost poster?

Griff

Griff said:
Larry Wolfe said:

How come Finney can't post for himself? Why the ghost poster?

Griff

He said once he won some KCBS Trophies on his own he'll post for himself. Until then, he's just totally not worthy. :shock:

I think Finney took the cooking/picture posting comments personally! It's like Rush Limbaughs comments about Donovan McNabb not being a good QB (which was correct)! Finney is having a personal best weekend like Donovan had after Limbaughs comments!!!

Also making a pot of pinto beans. Used the "quick soak" method and got them going.

Nothing fancy... Salt, white and black pepper and a little smoked pork. These beans are for using later. Although I'll probably have 'some' tonight.

Pork Butts @ 167*.

Nick Prochilo said:
wittdog said:
http://images.google.com/images?svnum=1 ... ulled+pork[/url]

And you made a comment about me yesterday about being a pot stirer! ;)
Yeah but a least we know that you are stirring Nick :D[/quote:3la6ej00]

Hey, I resemble that emark![/quote:3la6ej00]
Nick you'll never get to 7000 making comments like this...a few more posts...will be gone soon :evil:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom