Old Grandad Ribeys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronbeaux50

Head Chef
Well I don't fire up Old Grandad too often, but you guys can appreciate it's fine cooking abilities. I'm 51 and it was built by my Grandad before I was born. Passed on to me and lovingly repaired to use when I felt him looking down, like today.

He was a little before his time I think as there are grills out there that will do the same thing, they just came along a little late!

Here are a few pics;

Fire box is adjustable from 24" below to right under the grid

Even came with a high tech temp control device

No lighter fluid has ever touched this rig!!!!!

Tonight it is ribeyes marinated over night in eye-talian dressing and then topped with a little greek seasoning;

Gonna sear these babies real good then lower the fire pan to the bottom and let them cook until they are 135 internal temp!

I guess someday I'll figure out this backwards posting thing :?:

8)

Nick Prochilo said:
Nice looking steak! Don't know if I'd risk soaking a rib eye in Italian dressing though.

Back in the day that was the marinade of choice. Or S&P&G

LOTS more options today!

Besides they were on sale.

ronbeaux50 said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Nice looking steak! Don't know if I'd risk soaking a rib eye in Italian dressing though.

LOTS more options today!

That's all I use on those good ol steaks!

Nick Prochilo said:
ronbeaux50 said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1yeq2q3o]Nice looking steak! Don't know if I'd risk soaking a rib eye in Italian dressing though.

LOTS more options today!

That's all I use on those good ol steaks![/quote:1yeq2q3o]

I figured you were ribeyeing me. Just didn't want to start an extremely long debate on the merits of marinating when all I wanted was to EAT!!!!

Ron wrote: Even came with a high tech temp control device [smilie=drink.gif] I like that 1 movin part, & replacements are easy to find.

Great lookin ribeyes too Bo

I grew up on talian marinade ribeyes, thats the only way dad did em.

Another great & different way is marinade em in orange & apple juice, S,P&G overnite

ronbeaux50 said:
Nick Prochilo said:
ronbeaux50 said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":12nqnzvw]Nice looking steak! Don't know if I'd risk soaking a rib eye in Italian dressing though.

LOTS more options today!

I figured you were ribeyeing me. Just didn't want to start an extremely long debate on the merits of marinating when all I wanted was to EAT!!!![/quote:12nqnzvw]

No need to debate. Everybody does as they please around here. My personal choice is just plain old salt, pepper, garlic powder and some onion powder. That steak has plenty of fat in it for flavor!

Nick Prochilo said:
ronbeaux50 said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":2vc2kyab]
ronbeaux50 said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":2vc2kyab]Nice looking steak! Don't know if I'd risk soaking a rib eye in Italian dressing though.

LOTS more options today!

I figured you were ribeyeing me. Just didn't want to start an extremely long debate on the merits of marinating when all I wanted was to EAT!!!![/quote:2vc2kyab]

No need to debate. Everybody does as they please around here. My personal choice is just plain old salt, pepper, garlic powder and some onion powder. That steak has plenty of fat in it for flavor![/quote:2vc2kyab]

You be right! Ever try it with a blue cheese sauce on the side?? KILLER!

ronbeaux50 said:

I sometimes make a paste of blue cheese crumbles and worsty sauce (about 4 parts blue cheese to one part worsty) blended together and plunk a dollop on the steak. Very good.

Griff said:
ronbeaux50 said:

I sometimes make a paste of blue cheese crumbles and worsty sauce (about 4 parts blue cheese to one part worsty) blended together and plunk a dollop on the steak. Very good.

Sounds good. I like to melt it with some butter, a dash of lemon, and a few drops of habanero sauce. If it trys to break up tro in a 1/2 teaspoon of water and it will blend back up.

ronbeaux50 said:
Nick Prochilo said:
ronbeaux50 said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":224p8eic]
ronbeaux50 said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":224p8eic]Nice looking steak! Don't know if I'd risk soaking a rib eye in Italian dressing though.

LOTS more options today!

I figured you were ribeyeing me. Just didn't want to start an extremely long debate on the merits of marinating when all I wanted was to EAT!!!!

No need to debate. Everybody does as they please around here. My personal choice is just plain old salt, pepper, garlic powder and some onion powder. That steak has plenty of fat in it for flavor![/quote:224p8eic]

You be right! Ever try it with a blue cheese sauce on the side?? KILLER![/quote:224p8eic]

Now that I will have to try, sounds good!

Back
Top Bottom