Nu-Temps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
I have 2 Nu Temp thermometers and 2 receivers, I labeled them 1 and 2. since a battery change they are mixed up. As in reverse. Read out is accurate, but some how they got switched as in 2 reads as 1 and 1 reads as 2. Any idea what is going on? I can re label them sure, but why the mix up? I don't use them often, BUT when I need them there a handy tool.
Thanks
Pigs

mrgrumpy said:
It sounds like when you turned them on, they syncronised to the opposite one.

I agree. The NuTemps don't stay #1, #2, etc. based on the first time you use them. Each time, it depends on the order in which the transmitter syncs with the receiver.

Larry D. said:
mrgrumpy said:
It sounds like when you turned them on, they syncronised to the opposite one.

I agree. The NuTemps don't stay #1, #2, etc. based on the first time you use them. Each time, it depends on the order in which the transmitter syncs with the receiver.
Thanks, I have them back on track. I took all the batteries out and did the first one first. (if that makes sence) Damn little screws were the only PITA. :LOL: I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Thanks, I have them back on track. I took all the batteries out and did the first one first. (if that makes sence) Damn little screws were the only PITA. :LOL: I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to this kind of stuff.

You should have seen me dancing around this same issue the first time I used mine, only I had 3 of them going. I couldn't understand why the meat was 225 degrees and the fire was only 80. :oops:

Larry D. said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":1wmav5g1]

You should have seen me dancing around this same issue the first time I used mine, only I had 3 of them going. I couldn't understand why the meat was 225 degrees and the fire was only 80. :oops:[/quote:1wmav5g1]

[smilie=lol_xtreme.gif]

Back
Top Bottom