'nother rack of ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Unity

Executive Chef
I didn't have supper planned until 11:00 this morning, when I was reading BBQ Central posts. So: Go to the store, fire the chimney, pull the membrane, and pour on the Wolfe Rub (Original). The WSM wanted to run 250-255°, so I foiled at 3 1/2 hrs, unfoiled after 1 hr, glazed with Texas Pepper Jelly's Peach Habanero jelly (the whole 1.5-oz jar), and called it done after 1/2 hr.

WRO.

At foiling point.

Ready to come off the cooker.

Inside.

Pretty darned good. It was my first time using Texas Pepper Jelly, and I think using a 1.5-oz jar for a slab of spares is a pretty good rule of thumb. It tingles the tongue a little if you think about it, but it's not too hot for a mother-in-law. (YMILMV)

--John
(I feel so silly doing only one slab of ribs around some of you guys. :roll: )

Great job John.
I haven't seen anyone cook untrimmed spares for a long time.
Nice color.

John did you get those from Giant? They had them on sale for $1.99 lb..

Those look perfectly cooked! I'm a huge fan of the TPJ products as well, very good stuff!!!

Larry Wolfe said:
John did you get those from Giant? They had them on sale for $1.99 lb..

Those look perfectly cooked! I'm a huge fan of the TPJ products as well, very good stuff!!!
They had the same price at Safeway. Giant and Safeway are about the same distance away, +/- 1/4 mile, but it's easier to get to and from Safeway. :roll:

--John
(Using TPJ for the glaze, I think those are the best-looking ribs I've done.)

Unity said:
Puff said:
I haven't seen anyone cook untrimmed spares for a long time.
Sometimes I trim 'em and do the skirt at the same time. This time I was just lazy. :roll:

--John
Looks like the laziness paid off. :D
It'll be untrimmed the next time I cook some bones.

Back
Top Bottom