Next up Bacon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the net is a concoction of pork wrapped in pork belly (I don't know what the cut in the center is)

Here's the pics of the bacon done:

Dave will slice it in the morning (and I am sure get more pics). He and the boys will likely have it for breakfast tomorrow with farm fresh eggs from his friend at work.... all we need now is the fresh squeezed orange juice! :D

I thinks you need to bring some to Oinktoberfest for breakfast Sunday? I'll bring the eggs, taters, and cast iron skillet. We can cook it on my pit. Woody

Woodman said:
I thinks you need to bring some to Oinktoberfest for breakfast Sunday? I'll bring the eggs, taters, and cast iron skillet. We can cook it on my pit. Woody
Woody anything else I need to bring for breakfast other than the bacon and the peach salsa....let me know and there is more pics to follow after I drop D off at preschool

wittdog said:
Woodman said:
Woody anything else I need to bring for breakfast other than the bacon and the peach salsa....let me know and there is more pics to follow after I drop D off at preschool

I'll bring up a few fatties to get us through the weekend munchies and for breakfast.

Bacon is done…..here is some of it sliced…I had to cut it in half to get it on my slicer but I have a line on a commercial grade Hobart……I’m going to fry some up later for lunch….
The bacon blooming

Ready to cut

Both the shineck bacon and belly bacon slice

Belly Bacon

Shineck Bacon

Oh man that looks good Dave! Ya'll eat too good! Guys at Oinktoberfest are in for a treat!

Larry Wolfe said:
Oh man that looks good Dave! Ya'll eat too good! Guys at Oinktoberfest are in for a treat!
I hope so...I tweeked the recipe.....I haven't tasted it yet :shock: It smells good we will see at lunch today ;)

Hey Witt, can ya set a place for me at lunch please.

That's some damn fine looking bacon......NICE CURE!!!!!!!.......

AAA+++ from the pics..of course I will need a BLT ..IN HAND... (my hand) please for further judging.... :D

Me and boys taste tested the bacon for lunch (I did fry a couple of xtras for the mrs as well) ….it fried up real nice and had a nice mahogany color to it…the flavor was good…I’m getting closer in my quest for the perfect bacon…..for my taste it could have used a little more salt….and I could have used a little more smoke…but that may be because I used some sugar maple with the hickory and I typically use straight hickory and a wee bit of cherry…all in all I’m pretty happy with it…the next batch may be THE BATCH

Back
Top Bottom