newbie with a few smoking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: questions continued...

Love2<º>< said:
[quote="The Joker":1g5cbgj2][quote="Love2<º><":1g5cbgj2][quote="Nick Prochilo":1g5cbgj2]1. Some people around here (me included) foil the brisket when it hits 165*, then continue to cook until it hits 190*. The point should be taken up to 200 - 210*.

Is the point the flatter end of the brisket?[/quote:1g5cbgj2]
No, it's the fatter end. I was just searching for the pics that someone posted way back that showed how to seperate the point from the flat and I can''t find it. Anyone know where it is?[/quote:1g5cbgj2]

Now that you mention it....it did seem like the grain changed direction or something while I was cutting the brisket. Almost as though there were two pieces of meat stuck and cooked together. Should I seperate these two pieces before I slice brisket?[/quote:1g5cbgj2]

Yeah! The point should stay on longer (200- 210*) range and shred it like pulled pork.

Ah yes ~ The great brisket debate. LOL! You'll find positive and negative answers on both sides. :!:

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Love2<º><":18b9s1mt][quote="The Joker":18b9s1mt][quote="Love2<º><":18b9s1mt][quote="Nick Prochilo":18b9s1mt]1. Some people around here (me included) foil the brisket when it hits 165*, then continue to cook until it hits 190*. The point should be taken up to 200 - 210*.

Is the point the flatter end of the brisket?[/quote:18b9s1mt]
No, it's the fatter end. I was just searching for the pics that someone posted way back that showed how to seperate the point from the flat and I can''t find it. Anyone know where it is?[/quote:18b9s1mt]

Now that you mention it....it did seem like the grain changed direction or something while I was cutting the brisket. Almost as though there were two pieces of meat stuck and cooked together. Should I seperate these two pieces before I slice brisket?[/quote:18b9s1mt]

Yeah! The point should stay on longer (200- 210*) range and shred it like pulled pork.[/quote:18b9s1mt]

At what point do you seperate the point from the flat? Why do you cook the point to a higher temp?

(sorry for so many questions, Im one of those thats gotta know how things work)

Help me here guys. When you put the point back on the smoker and cook it longer isn't that what they call burnt ends? People use it in chili and other dishes as well as pulling it like pork...RIGHT?

Nick,
It's really up to you... Some separate the point from the flat before they start cooking, some do it once the flat reaches the desired temp. Try a search ~ There's a boatload of info on this subject. :(

The Joker said:
[quote="Love2<º><":ipj8afg3][quote="Nick Prochilo":ipj8afg3]1. Some people around here (me included) foil the brisket when it hits 165*, then continue to cook until it hits 190*. The point should be taken up to 200 - 210*.

Is the point the flatter end of the brisket?[/quote:ipj8afg3]
No, it's the fatter end. I was just searching for the pics that someone posted way back that showed how to seperate the point from the flat and I can''t find it. Anyone know where it is?[/quote:ipj8afg3]
I've searched the archives twice for these pics. Nowhere to be found.. Larry? Bryan?? Did ePhotoHut eat them??? or was it Greg????? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom