New WSM & DigiQ DX arrive in North Pole Alaska!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh my God....
Thats what my wife kept saying over and over as we ate dinner. I have never in our 26 years seen her make a fuss about anything I cooked, quite like this, ceptin for my lasagna maybe ;)
My 8 year old said it was the best food he ever ate in his WHOLE life.
I must say, it was outstanding. I cannot believe that I cooked it all by my lil ol self.
I cannot believe how well it came out, how well everything went,
and how fun it was.
So, I guess me and my WSM, well, remember what Rick said to Louie at the end of Casablanca
"I think this is the beginning, of a beautiful friendship".
Happy Birthday to Me!
Thanks for the support folks. I got alot of info from here and the virtual bullet. Im sure I would have hosed it otherwise....
A great day to you all!

Congrates on a job well done! You got me hungry for some brisket, NOW! This being a first for you, I'd Love to see when you master that WSM. When are you doing some bear? :)

Medo, with a guru, skip the water in the water pan. Crinkle up some aluminum foil, like lasagna noodles and put 2 layers of those in your water pan. Then cover the top of the water pan with 2 layers of HD aluminum foil making sure to indent it so the grease has a place to sit. When your done with the cook, remove the grease with 1 layer of foil and add a second layer and your ready for your next cook! I've been using a guru for years and this way will work fine!

Great job Medo. Isn't this warm February weather something? You and your family are now officially hooked on the WSM.

Thanks Everyone,
Your right Griff, the family is now officially going to try and BBQ everything. Nothing like a new addiction for my birthday.
This weather is really a nice lil break thats for sure. I was out in my t shirt most of that cook, even at 2 am when I was flipping it.
So, we took the ton of meat that was left, and cut it into dinner sized portions, vacuum sealed them, and tossed em in the freezer.
Ill turn some folks at work on and get their input.
Well, Im going out to play before the weather turns on me.
Thanks again for all the positive input.
And a Great Medos Birthday to all! :mrgreen:

Thanks all,
I took what was left, cut it into 6 pieces, vacuum sealed and froze them. Kept one, and gave the 5 away to self appointed critics, that I usually use to test my new beers on. They will let me know tomorrow what they think, and lets hope I can stand the critcism, I am such a tender soul you know. dont want to kill anyone for dissin my brisket :twisted:
Ill post the feedback on here. Boy, am I sold on brisket.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom